Villagers blown away by dominant first half display
- Credit: Carl Rumble Photography
A defiant display proved little in the end for Park Ladies after losing their top-of-the-table clash.
The Wimblington-based side were blown away by a dominant first half display in their 6-2 defeat to Cardea Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League.
Park fell behind when an in-swinging corner found the net on three minutes, before Cardea scored three more without reply.
Fran Plitsch pulled a goal back for Rob Mitchell’s team three minutes before half-time as she latched onto a through-ball from Eilish Brown.
The villagers did show some fight when Plitsch struck again as Park created several chances soon after the break.
Had Sherrie Downey’s effort found the net, Park could well have mounted a comeback but Cardea took advantage to pounce with a fifth.
Revenge for the visitors after their December defeat to Park was sealed when they slotted home midway through the second half.
Park Ladies host fourth-placed Brampton Ladies at Parkfield Sports Club on Sunday, April 25, 2pm.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall