Park Ladies’ FA Cup dream is shattered by rampant higher-level Northampton Town
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies’ FA Cup clash with Northampton Town Ladies had all the ingredients for a David vs. Goliath encounter - but this one didn’t go to plan for the Wimblington-based side.
The local ladies from Fenland welcomed the giants of Northampton on Saturday, but there was no fairy tale ending or ‘cupset’ as the visitors ran out 14-0 victors.
The gulf in class between the sides, who play a division apart, was plain to see as Park were hit by three quick-fire goals in the opening 15 minutes.
Northampton’s pressure was relentless and they continued to find the net with ease against a disheartened and shell-shocked Park outfit.
The hosts found themselves 10-0 down at half time, and despite producing a determined second half performance, conceded four more in the second period.
You may also want to watch:
Park boss, Rob Mitchell, took the opportunity to thank the bumper crowd that turned out for the clash at Parkfield.
He said: “The team can only apologise and say thank you to the excellent crowd that turned out to cheer them. We promise to put it right next week.”
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 6 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Park will look to bounce back in their first S-Tech Women’s Premiership game of the season against Bar Hill on Saturday.