Park Ladies’ FA Cup dream is shattered by rampant higher-level Northampton Town
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies’ FA Cup clash with Northampton Town Ladies had all the ingredients for a David vs. Goliath encounter - but this one didn’t go to plan for the Wimblington-based side.
The local ladies from Fenland welcomed the giants of Northampton on Saturday, but there was no fairy tale ending or ‘cupset’ as the visitors ran out 14-0 victors.
The gulf in class between the sides, who play a division apart, was plain to see as Park were hit by three quick-fire goals in the opening 15 minutes.
Northampton’s pressure was relentless and they continued to find the net with ease against a disheartened and shell-shocked Park outfit.
The hosts found themselves 10-0 down at half time, and despite producing a determined second half performance, conceded four more in the second period.
You may also want to watch:
Park boss, Rob Mitchell, took the opportunity to thank the bumper crowd that turned out for the clash at Parkfield.
He said: “The team can only apologise and say thank you to the excellent crowd that turned out to cheer them. We promise to put it right next week.”
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public
Park will look to bounce back in their first S-Tech Women’s Premiership game of the season against Bar Hill on Saturday.