Park Ladies’ FA Cup dream is shattered by rampant higher-level Northampton Town
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies’ FA Cup clash with Northampton Town Ladies had all the ingredients for a David vs. Goliath encounter - but this one didn’t go to plan for the Wimblington-based side.
The local ladies from Fenland welcomed the giants of Northampton on Saturday, but there was no fairy tale ending or ‘cupset’ as the visitors ran out 14-0 victors.
The gulf in class between the sides, who play a division apart, was plain to see as Park were hit by three quick-fire goals in the opening 15 minutes.
Northampton’s pressure was relentless and they continued to find the net with ease against a disheartened and shell-shocked Park outfit.
The hosts found themselves 10-0 down at half time, and despite producing a determined second half performance, conceded four more in the second period.
You may also want to watch:
Park boss, Rob Mitchell, took the opportunity to thank the bumper crowd that turned out for the clash at Parkfield.
He said: “The team can only apologise and say thank you to the excellent crowd that turned out to cheer them. We promise to put it right next week.”
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
Park will look to bounce back in their first S-Tech Women’s Premiership game of the season against Bar Hill on Saturday.