Improved performance proves too little, too late for Park Ladies in Cambs League defeat
- Credit: Archant
An improved second-half display proved little for Park Ladies as they fell to their first defeat of the season at the weekend.
The Wimblington-based team struggled to break down their opponents in a 2-1 home defeat to Eaton Socon Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League on Sunday, September 27.
As the contest was fought in midfield, the visitors broke the deadlock on 35 minutes after a right-wing pass was shot low towards goal, before the rebound was tucked home after the shot struck a post.
Substitutes Sophie Fenner and Sherrie Downey made an immediate impact for Park from the bench, which led to the equaliser.
Fenner’s bursting run and shot was spilt by the goalkeeper, allowing Downey to finish from close-range on 50 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
However, a misplaced header from Park enabled the Eagles to finish a one-on-one 15 minutes later and secure their second league victory of the season.
Player of the match: Fran Plitsch.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
Next up for Park is a league cup match against Isleham United Ladies at Parkfield Sports Club on Sunday, October 4, 2pm.