Improved performance proves too little, too late for Park Ladies in Cambs League defeat
- Credit: Archant
An improved second-half display proved little for Park Ladies as they fell to their first defeat of the season at the weekend.
The Wimblington-based team struggled to break down their opponents in a 2-1 home defeat to Eaton Socon Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League on Sunday, September 27.
As the contest was fought in midfield, the visitors broke the deadlock on 35 minutes after a right-wing pass was shot low towards goal, before the rebound was tucked home after the shot struck a post.
Substitutes Sophie Fenner and Sherrie Downey made an immediate impact for Park from the bench, which led to the equaliser.
Fenner’s bursting run and shot was spilt by the goalkeeper, allowing Downey to finish from close-range on 50 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
However, a misplaced header from Park enabled the Eagles to finish a one-on-one 15 minutes later and secure their second league victory of the season.
Player of the match: Fran Plitsch.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Next up for Park is a league cup match against Isleham United Ladies at Parkfield Sports Club on Sunday, October 4, 2pm.