Park Ladies’ survival hopes dealt a blow by league-toppers Newmarket Town
- Credit: Archant
2017 will be a make or break year for Park Ladies.
The Wimblington club will hope that the New Year will bring new fortunes after a sorry 2016 that saw them slip to defeat in six of their seven Cambs Premier Division fixtures.
Their fight for survival was dealt another blow last weekend when they were swept aside 3-0 by league leaders, Newmarket Town.
The Fenland ladies fell behind early on but came within inches of levelling when Newmarket were forced to clear off the line.
But that was as good as it got for Park, who then shipped another two goals either side of half time.
You may also want to watch:
The club did have cause for celebration, however, as they unveiled their newly-sponsored training tops.
Local locksmiths, Anglia Locksmiths, have lent a hand and Park captain, Brooke Anderson, said the sponsorship is a big boost to the club.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
“The new training tops make the team look extremely professional and it’s another fantastic step forward for this relatively new club,” she said.
“A massive thanks to Mark, Sara and all at Anglia Locksmiths for the two-year sponsorship deal.”
Park return to action on Sunday (15) with an Invitation Cup clash with Orton Rangers (1.45pm).