Park Ladies’ survival hopes dealt a blow by league-toppers Newmarket Town
- Credit: Archant
2017 will be a make or break year for Park Ladies.
The Wimblington club will hope that the New Year will bring new fortunes after a sorry 2016 that saw them slip to defeat in six of their seven Cambs Premier Division fixtures.
Their fight for survival was dealt another blow last weekend when they were swept aside 3-0 by league leaders, Newmarket Town.
The Fenland ladies fell behind early on but came within inches of levelling when Newmarket were forced to clear off the line.
But that was as good as it got for Park, who then shipped another two goals either side of half time.
The club did have cause for celebration, however, as they unveiled their newly-sponsored training tops.
Local locksmiths, Anglia Locksmiths, have lent a hand and Park captain, Brooke Anderson, said the sponsorship is a big boost to the club.
- 1 Cable fault caused power cut for more than 350 customers in Wisbech
- 2 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 3 PROFILE: Steve Barclay – MP for NE Cambs and front man for Boris Johnson
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 6 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 7 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
“The new training tops make the team look extremely professional and it’s another fantastic step forward for this relatively new club,” she said.
“A massive thanks to Mark, Sara and all at Anglia Locksmiths for the two-year sponsorship deal.”
Park return to action on Sunday (15) with an Invitation Cup clash with Orton Rangers (1.45pm).