Park Ladies’ survival hopes dealt a blow by league-toppers Newmarket Town
- Credit: Archant
2017 will be a make or break year for Park Ladies.
The Wimblington club will hope that the New Year will bring new fortunes after a sorry 2016 that saw them slip to defeat in six of their seven Cambs Premier Division fixtures.
Their fight for survival was dealt another blow last weekend when they were swept aside 3-0 by league leaders, Newmarket Town.
The Fenland ladies fell behind early on but came within inches of levelling when Newmarket were forced to clear off the line.
But that was as good as it got for Park, who then shipped another two goals either side of half time.
You may also want to watch:
The club did have cause for celebration, however, as they unveiled their newly-sponsored training tops.
Local locksmiths, Anglia Locksmiths, have lent a hand and Park captain, Brooke Anderson, said the sponsorship is a big boost to the club.
- 1 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 2 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 7 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 8 Salon owner grateful to be 'back doing what I love'
- 9 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
“The new training tops make the team look extremely professional and it’s another fantastic step forward for this relatively new club,” she said.
“A massive thanks to Mark, Sara and all at Anglia Locksmiths for the two-year sponsorship deal.”
Park return to action on Sunday (15) with an Invitation Cup clash with Orton Rangers (1.45pm).