Cooper shines for villagers in league thrashing
- Credit: Park Ladies FC
Park Ladies were back in the winning groove at the weekend as they put their latest opponents to the sword.
New signing and player of the match Jess Cooper shone for Rob Mitchell’s team as they thrashed Brampton Ladies 6-0 in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League.
Park started brightly and opened the scoring after Jen Brown’s pass found Casey Ward who drilled home from over 20 yards.
Ward was again involved for Park’s second, her effort being deflected towards goal by Erin Powell before Sian Holcroft finished the rebound from close-range.
Brampton did hit the crossbar after half-time as the ball broke to Georgia Stimson, but despite the goalkeeper saving her initial strike, Sophie Fenner was on hand to score.
Cooper opened her Park account with a 30-yard curling effort, but she did not stop there.
As Brampton failed to clear, she tried a speculative back-heel effort while facing away from goal, which found the net for 5-0.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 3 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 4 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 9 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
Fran Plitsch then made it six as she finished off a powerful run and pass from Stimson.
Park next travel to bottom-placed Cambourne United Women on Sunday, May 2, 2pm.