Cooper shines for villagers in league thrashing
- Credit: Park Ladies FC
Park Ladies were back in the winning groove at the weekend as they put their latest opponents to the sword.
New signing and player of the match Jess Cooper shone for Rob Mitchell’s team as they thrashed Brampton Ladies 6-0 in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League.
Park started brightly and opened the scoring after Jen Brown’s pass found Casey Ward who drilled home from over 20 yards.
Ward was again involved for Park’s second, her effort being deflected towards goal by Erin Powell before Sian Holcroft finished the rebound from close-range.
Brampton did hit the crossbar after half-time as the ball broke to Georgia Stimson, but despite the goalkeeper saving her initial strike, Sophie Fenner was on hand to score.
Cooper opened her Park account with a 30-yard curling effort, but she did not stop there.
As Brampton failed to clear, she tried a speculative back-heel effort while facing away from goal, which found the net for 5-0.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 10 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
Fran Plitsch then made it six as she finished off a powerful run and pass from Stimson.
Park next travel to bottom-placed Cambourne United Women on Sunday, May 2, 2pm.