Double hat-tricks guide Park to opening day rout
- Credit: Park Ladies FC
Two hat-tricks paved the way for Park Ladies towards a rampant start to the new Cambridgeshire Women’s County League season.
Francesca Plitsch and Georgia Stimson both hit trebles for the Wimblington-based side in their 8-0 thrashing of Mildenhall Town Ladies in Division Two on Sunday.
An even first half saw Park break the deadlock after Eilish Brown’s driving run and well-weighted pass allowed Sherrie Downey to finish high into the net.
Chances kept coming for the visitors as Plitsch tapped home for 2-0 in the second half.
Casey Ward’s strike from 25 yards extended Park’s advantage, before Stimson, who prepared for the game with a skydive the same day, got on the scoresheet when she slotted a chance past the goalkeeper.
Mildenhall were building frustration and that proved costly when Plitsch rounded the goalkeeper for 5-0.
Stimson then added another two goals, and Plitsch also completed her hat-trick, to complete the rout.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
Player of the match was midfielder Eilish Brown.
Park welcome Netherton United Ladies Development to Parkfield on September 19, 2pm.