Three wins on the spin for villagers after comfortable away day
- Credit: Park Ladies FC
Park Ladies triumphed for a third consecutive league game in a battle of the villagers.
The Wimblington side made it 18 goals in their last three fixtures with a 3-0 victory over Brampton Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League on Sunday.
Park, who played in front of spectators for the first time since last year, controlled from the outset and took an early lead thanks to Jenna Brown’s screamer.
Brown opened the scoring after smashing a half-volley from around 30 yards into the roof of the net, but Brampton responded to frustrate their visitors.
Park goalkeeper Nikki Hassock was called into action to deny a one-on-one chance, before Brooke Anderson’s pass was converted by Sherrie Downey to double the lead.
You may also want to watch:
It was a set-piece that confirmed a third straight away league win of the season after the break.
Despite some enforced changes for Park after Maddie Jackson’s injury, Brown’s whipped corner found the run of Eilish Brown, who made no mistake to volley home her first league goal this term.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 7 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 10 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
Park aim to record four clean sheets in a row at Swavesey Spartans Ladies on May 16, 2pm.