Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- Credit: Park Ladies
Park Ladies made it back-to-back wins since the latest lockdown with a five-star display.
It was not the most comfortable of wins for Rob Mitchell’s side, but they got the job done against Swavesey Spartans Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League.
Fran Plitsch opened the scoring for Park before debutant Jess Cooper’s throw found Casey Ward, whose half-volley found the net.
Swavesey halved the deficit soon after half-time, before the hosts struck back almost immediately when Plitsch grabbed her second.
The visitors were not finished, though, as after benefiting from a foul to make it 3-2, they found a leveller thanks to a low finish past Park goalkeeper Nikki Hassock.
You may also want to watch:
Stimson then got on the scoresheet before Sherrie Downey pounced on a defensive error to give the villagers a 5-3 lead.
Spartans did continue to battle and earned a consolation at the death.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 4 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
The triumph is Park's second win since returning from the latest lockdown, and next welcome second-placed Cardea Ladies to Parkfield on Sunday, April 18, 2pm.