Pepper scores again as March Town United beat inconsistent Fakenham Town
Ridgeons First Division: March Town United 2 Fakenham Town 0
MARCH Town United returned to winning ways today with a comfortable 2-0 home victory against inconsistent Fakenham Town.
Captain Luke Pepper slotted home a first-half penalty - his fourth goal in as many games - to give the Hares a 1-0 lead at half-time.
And striker Stu Anderson, who started the season in scintillating goalscoring form, scored his first goal since August to wrap up the win for Brett Whaley’s Hares.
March, who were fifth in the Ridgeons First Division going into the game, return to action next Saturday when they travel to Long Melford in the league.
You may also want to watch:
Whaley said: “I never felt at any stage we were going to concede - Jordi (Lea Jordan) didn’t haven’t to have a save to make.
“We were decent, not brilliant, but we got three points which is what we wanted.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
? To find out how Ridgeons Premier Division Wisbech Town fared today click on the related link on the right-hand side of this page.