Pepper scores again as March Town United beat inconsistent Fakenham Town
Ridgeons First Division: March Town United 2 Fakenham Town 0
MARCH Town United returned to winning ways today with a comfortable 2-0 home victory against inconsistent Fakenham Town.
Captain Luke Pepper slotted home a first-half penalty - his fourth goal in as many games - to give the Hares a 1-0 lead at half-time.
And striker Stu Anderson, who started the season in scintillating goalscoring form, scored his first goal since August to wrap up the win for Brett Whaley’s Hares.
March, who were fifth in the Ridgeons First Division going into the game, return to action next Saturday when they travel to Long Melford in the league.
You may also want to watch:
Whaley said: “I never felt at any stage we were going to concede - Jordi (Lea Jordan) didn’t haven’t to have a save to make.
“We were decent, not brilliant, but we got three points which is what we wanted.”
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
? To find out how Ridgeons Premier Division Wisbech Town fared today click on the related link on the right-hand side of this page.