Perry out of UK Championship after final frame loss to Davis then slams the poor quality of the table
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry has slammed the standard of the table after he was knocked out of the UK Championship last night.
The Chatteris player lost 6-5 in the third round and afterwards described the match as “rubbish” due to the way the table played.
He said: “The match was rubbish and that has nothing to do with me or Mark.
“They seriously need to put some money into finding the reasons for these tables playing as they do.
“The table won, and it got to the stage in the end where you couldn’t hit the ball properly or play the shot you wanted because you didn’t know what was going to happen, and it beat me.
You may also want to watch:
“I very rarely criticise the tables as they play great most of the time all around the world. We don’t know what is happening – they aren’t setting up the tables to trick us, but sometimes they play horrible.
“I was playing good. I had my game in order but I’m gutted now. I’m never normally upset when I lose because it’s usually my fault, but I’m devastated to lose the way I did.”
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down