Perry out of UK Championship after final frame loss to Davis then slams the poor quality of the table
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry has slammed the standard of the table after he was knocked out of the UK Championship last night.
The Chatteris player lost 6-5 in the third round and afterwards described the match as “rubbish” due to the way the table played.
He said: “The match was rubbish and that has nothing to do with me or Mark.
“They seriously need to put some money into finding the reasons for these tables playing as they do.
“The table won, and it got to the stage in the end where you couldn’t hit the ball properly or play the shot you wanted because you didn’t know what was going to happen, and it beat me.
You may also want to watch:
“I very rarely criticise the tables as they play great most of the time all around the world. We don’t know what is happening – they aren’t setting up the tables to trick us, but sometimes they play horrible.
“I was playing good. I had my game in order but I’m gutted now. I’m never normally upset when I lose because it’s usually my fault, but I’m devastated to lose the way I did.”
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless