Peterborough Northern Star 0 - 4 Wisbech Town
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town ran riot in the second half against Peterborough Northern Star last night.
The Fenmen were lacklustre in the first half and were fortunate to go into the break all square.
They were indebted to goalkeeper Lea Jordan, who made a string of excellent saves.
Midfielder Danny White broke the deadlock in the 50th minute, firing home from 25 yards.
Tony Battersby added a spectacular second on 65 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The striker plucked Neal Spafford’s cross out of the air, swivelled and drilled the ball past Nicky Conroy.
Battersby’s second goal, on 83 minutes, was equally impressive - he picked up the ball outside the box, dribbled past a defender and unleashed a precise shot into the bottom corner.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 3 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 6 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 7 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Man jailed for trying to arrange sexual abuse of girls and woman
- 10 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
Substitute Tom James completed the scoring with three minutes remaining.
His first effort was kept out by Conroy but he dispatched the rebound.