Peterborough Northern Star 0 - 4 Wisbech Town
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town ran riot in the second half against Peterborough Northern Star last night.
The Fenmen were lacklustre in the first half and were fortunate to go into the break all square.
They were indebted to goalkeeper Lea Jordan, who made a string of excellent saves.
Midfielder Danny White broke the deadlock in the 50th minute, firing home from 25 yards.
Tony Battersby added a spectacular second on 65 minutes.
The striker plucked Neal Spafford’s cross out of the air, swivelled and drilled the ball past Nicky Conroy.
Battersby’s second goal, on 83 minutes, was equally impressive - he picked up the ball outside the box, dribbled past a defender and unleashed a precise shot into the bottom corner.
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 10 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat
Substitute Tom James completed the scoring with three minutes remaining.
His first effort was kept out by Conroy but he dispatched the rebound.