Peterborough Northern Star 0 - 4 Wisbech Town
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town ran riot in the second half against Peterborough Northern Star last night.
The Fenmen were lacklustre in the first half and were fortunate to go into the break all square.
They were indebted to goalkeeper Lea Jordan, who made a string of excellent saves.
Midfielder Danny White broke the deadlock in the 50th minute, firing home from 25 yards.
Tony Battersby added a spectacular second on 65 minutes.
The striker plucked Neal Spafford’s cross out of the air, swivelled and drilled the ball past Nicky Conroy.
Battersby’s second goal, on 83 minutes, was equally impressive - he picked up the ball outside the box, dribbled past a defender and unleashed a precise shot into the bottom corner.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
Substitute Tom James completed the scoring with three minutes remaining.
His first effort was kept out by Conroy but he dispatched the rebound.