Peterborough Northern Star 0 - 4 Wisbech Town
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town ran riot in the second half against Peterborough Northern Star last night.
The Fenmen were lacklustre in the first half and were fortunate to go into the break all square.
They were indebted to goalkeeper Lea Jordan, who made a string of excellent saves.
Midfielder Danny White broke the deadlock in the 50th minute, firing home from 25 yards.
Tony Battersby added a spectacular second on 65 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The striker plucked Neal Spafford’s cross out of the air, swivelled and drilled the ball past Nicky Conroy.
Battersby’s second goal, on 83 minutes, was equally impressive - he picked up the ball outside the box, dribbled past a defender and unleashed a precise shot into the bottom corner.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
Substitute Tom James completed the scoring with three minutes remaining.
His first effort was kept out by Conroy but he dispatched the rebound.