Peterborough Northern Star 0 - 4 Wisbech Town
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town ran riot in the second half against Peterborough Northern Star last night.
The Fenmen were lacklustre in the first half and were fortunate to go into the break all square.
They were indebted to goalkeeper Lea Jordan, who made a string of excellent saves.
Midfielder Danny White broke the deadlock in the 50th minute, firing home from 25 yards.
Tony Battersby added a spectacular second on 65 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The striker plucked Neal Spafford’s cross out of the air, swivelled and drilled the ball past Nicky Conroy.
Battersby’s second goal, on 83 minutes, was equally impressive - he picked up the ball outside the box, dribbled past a defender and unleashed a precise shot into the bottom corner.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
Substitute Tom James completed the scoring with three minutes remaining.
His first effort was kept out by Conroy but he dispatched the rebound.