Peterborough Series success for Fenland BCKA’s fantastic 13
- Credit: Archant
Fenland BCKA has been crowned Schools Grand Champion once again.
The fighters from the Fens produced top performances at last weekend’s Peterborough Series event to retain their title in the hotly-contested tournament.
Thirteen of the club’s fighters picked up Grand Champion trophies including Whittlesey prospect Zac Culpin, who was crowned champion in four different categories.
Elliot Morgan-Smith also impressed by winning Champion and Grand Champion tites in the intermediate/advanced section of the -4’4” boys section.
Coach Andy Whitwell said: “All our fighters were on top form and I’m very proud of each and every one of them.
You may also want to watch:
“Elliot in particular fought with great heart and won his bouts against the advanced fighters. He’s a great lad who will go a long way.”
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed