Peterborough Series success for Fenland BCKA’s fantastic 13
- Credit: Archant
Fenland BCKA has been crowned Schools Grand Champion once again.
The fighters from the Fens produced top performances at last weekend’s Peterborough Series event to retain their title in the hotly-contested tournament.
Thirteen of the club’s fighters picked up Grand Champion trophies including Whittlesey prospect Zac Culpin, who was crowned champion in four different categories.
Elliot Morgan-Smith also impressed by winning Champion and Grand Champion tites in the intermediate/advanced section of the -4’4” boys section.
Coach Andy Whitwell said: “All our fighters were on top form and I’m very proud of each and every one of them.
You may also want to watch:
“Elliot in particular fought with great heart and won his bouts against the advanced fighters. He’s a great lad who will go a long way.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo