Peterborough Series success for Fenland BCKA’s fantastic 13
- Credit: Archant
Fenland BCKA has been crowned Schools Grand Champion once again.
The fighters from the Fens produced top performances at last weekend’s Peterborough Series event to retain their title in the hotly-contested tournament.
Thirteen of the club’s fighters picked up Grand Champion trophies including Whittlesey prospect Zac Culpin, who was crowned champion in four different categories.
Elliot Morgan-Smith also impressed by winning Champion and Grand Champion tites in the intermediate/advanced section of the -4’4” boys section.
Coach Andy Whitwell said: “All our fighters were on top form and I’m very proud of each and every one of them.
You may also want to watch:
“Elliot in particular fought with great heart and won his bouts against the advanced fighters. He’s a great lad who will go a long way.”
- 1 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main