Points Seale-d: Josh’s hat-trick inspires Wisbech to victory over Ely
WISBECH Rugby Club took maximum points from their first clash of 2012 after a hat-trick of tries from Josh Seale inspired them to a 39-0 thrashing of Ely.
The winger crashed over three times at Harecroft Road to ensure Wisbech kept the pressure on Greene King Eastern Counties Division One leaders Cantabrigian.
Fellow try-scorers James Napier, Nathaniel Humphreys, Shane Vickers and Jon Turner, as well as two good kicks from Mark Laws, helped Wisbech cruise to the bonus-point victory.
The result leaves Wisbech two points behind title rivals Cantabs, with eight league games left to play.
Manager Cliff Humphreys said: “It was a solid performance. We worked on one or two moves in training this week which appeared to work and certainly our scrum looks to be improving.
You may also want to watch:
“All we can do is keep winning with a bonus point to keep the pressure on league leaders Cantabs.”
Wisbech travel to bottom-of-the-table Broadland & Great Yarmouth on Saturday before hosting Billericay in the Junior Vase Fourth Round next Saturday.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 7 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
Elsewhere, Wisbech II fell to a 26-10 defeat away at Beccles II.
• MARCH Bears’ Greene King Super Premiere Merit League game against Cambridge Exiles was cancelled on Saturday. The game has been rearranged for later this month.
Basement boys March, whose Legends side lost 21-14 to Shelford V at the weekend, return to league action when they host Biggleswade on Saturday (2pm kick-off).