Pool: A good year
WHAT a brilliant year the Cambridgeshire Pool Association players had in 2005. The Men s A squad are through to the National finals after winning their division in the Region Four Inter-Counties league. There are two players from the squad going to tria
WHAT a brilliant year the Cambridgeshire Pool Association players had in 2005.
The Men's A squad are through to the National finals after winning their division in the Region Four Inter-Counties league.
There are two players from the squad going to trials for the full England team, Matt Goodale of Peterborough and Simon Rivers of Cambridge.
Ladies team member, Melissa Cook of Cambridge is a reserve for the Ladies England Team Trials.
Finally, Cambridgeshire have three youth players going to trials for the England Youth Team, Luke Watkins and Daniel Langan (both Peterborough) and Chris Patient (Cambridge)
All of these trialists came in the top eight of the rankings in Region Four of the EPA.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 10 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
The new year is already looking good for Cambridgeshire with the majority of players staying with their teams and the county only losing one youth player through the age limit.
All the squads will be strengthened by the county teams trials to be held on Sunday, January 22 and 29 at Cambridge Snooker Centre.
For further details visit www.cambspool.org.uk