Pool: A good year
WHAT a brilliant year the Cambridgeshire Pool Association players had in 2005. The Men s A squad are through to the National finals after winning their division in the Region Four Inter-Counties league. There are two players from the squad going to tria
WHAT a brilliant year the Cambridgeshire Pool Association players had in 2005.
The Men's A squad are through to the National finals after winning their division in the Region Four Inter-Counties league.
There are two players from the squad going to trials for the full England team, Matt Goodale of Peterborough and Simon Rivers of Cambridge.
Ladies team member, Melissa Cook of Cambridge is a reserve for the Ladies England Team Trials.
Finally, Cambridgeshire have three youth players going to trials for the England Youth Team, Luke Watkins and Daniel Langan (both Peterborough) and Chris Patient (Cambridge)
All of these trialists came in the top eight of the rankings in Region Four of the EPA.
- 1 Three March locals win £30k each on Postcode Lottery
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 4 Carnival lights up village as sports day marks 100 years
- 5 Police officer dismissed for breaching bail conditions
- 6 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 7 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 10 Man repeatedly stabbed nine-year-old boy in 'random attack'
The new year is already looking good for Cambridgeshire with the majority of players staying with their teams and the county only losing one youth player through the age limit.
All the squads will be strengthened by the county teams trials to be held on Sunday, January 22 and 29 at Cambridge Snooker Centre.
For further details visit www.cambspool.org.uk