Pool: A good year
WHAT a brilliant year the Cambridgeshire Pool Association players had in 2005. The Men s A squad are through to the National finals after winning their division in the Region Four Inter-Counties league. There are two players from the squad going to tria
WHAT a brilliant year the Cambridgeshire Pool Association players had in 2005.
The Men's A squad are through to the National finals after winning their division in the Region Four Inter-Counties league.
There are two players from the squad going to trials for the full England team, Matt Goodale of Peterborough and Simon Rivers of Cambridge.
Ladies team member, Melissa Cook of Cambridge is a reserve for the Ladies England Team Trials.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, Cambridgeshire have three youth players going to trials for the England Youth Team, Luke Watkins and Daniel Langan (both Peterborough) and Chris Patient (Cambridge)
All of these trialists came in the top eight of the rankings in Region Four of the EPA.
- 1 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 6 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
The new year is already looking good for Cambridgeshire with the majority of players staying with their teams and the county only losing one youth player through the age limit.
All the squads will be strengthened by the county teams trials to be held on Sunday, January 22 and 29 at Cambridge Snooker Centre.
For further details visit www.cambspool.org.uk