Pool: A good year
WHAT a brilliant year the Cambridgeshire Pool Association players had in 2005. The Men s A squad are through to the National finals after winning their division in the Region Four Inter-Counties league. There are two players from the squad going to tria
WHAT a brilliant year the Cambridgeshire Pool Association players had in 2005.
The Men's A squad are through to the National finals after winning their division in the Region Four Inter-Counties league.
There are two players from the squad going to trials for the full England team, Matt Goodale of Peterborough and Simon Rivers of Cambridge.
Ladies team member, Melissa Cook of Cambridge is a reserve for the Ladies England Team Trials.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, Cambridgeshire have three youth players going to trials for the England Youth Team, Luke Watkins and Daniel Langan (both Peterborough) and Chris Patient (Cambridge)
All of these trialists came in the top eight of the rankings in Region Four of the EPA.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
The new year is already looking good for Cambridgeshire with the majority of players staying with their teams and the county only losing one youth player through the age limit.
All the squads will be strengthened by the county teams trials to be held on Sunday, January 22 and 29 at Cambridge Snooker Centre.
For further details visit www.cambspool.org.uk