Pool: Could you pot £50,000 prize?
FORMER world pool champions Andy Lucas and Shona Harper are helping to bring a new pool tournament to Fenland. The inaugural Pub Pool Challenge is a one-frame event, in which the winner picks up a prize of £50,000 live on Sky Sports television. The 8-ball
FORMER world pool champions Andy Lucas and Shona Harper are helping to bring a new pool tournament to Fenland.
The inaugural Pub Pool Challenge is a one-frame event, in which the winner picks up a prize of £50,000 live on Sky Sports television.
The 8-ball national knock-out tournament organised by MBS Productions will take place in more than 5,000 venues across the UK and Ireland.
The televised final will be played on July 29 and the winning player's club or pub will also receive a prize of £1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Lucas, 36, and Harper, 31, from Leverington, have been appointed area representatives for the competition.
Harper said: "We are looking for pubs and clubs in the region to take part and host qualifiers.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
"It should be a great event, and the prospect of winning £50,000 and playing live on Sky Sports will hopefully attract a lot of interest from local pool players."
More information is available from the website at www.pubpoolchallenge.co.uk