Prepare for London Marathon by joining March Athletic Club for free until 2011
MARCH Athletic Club have offered runners the chance to join the club free of charge until the end of the year to help them prepare for next year’s London Marathon.
Anyone who then wishes to become a member of March AC can sign up in January and take advantage of discounted entry in any pre-marathon races they enter.
Debra Wait, March AC chairman said: “Having ran five London Marathons myself I know what it is like to train alone especially during those long weekend runs.
“We have all level of runners and joggers at the club so anyone is welcome. We will help them achieve their goal of completing the 2011 Virgin London Marathon.
“As well as meeting on a Tuesday and Thursday we also do our long runs on a Sunday from the club house at the Elm Road sports field. This is tailored to the individuals ability but over the months the Sunday runs will increase in distance and running with a crowd is far more motivational.”
Twenty-seven members competed in Sunday’s Great Eastern Run while five March juniors and their coach ran the fun run.
Paul Hensby finished 56th out of the 3,177 runners in the 13.1 mile half-marathon with a personal best of one hour, 19 minutes and 11 seconds.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
Contact Debra Wait at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.