Presentation night seals sensational season for AFC Whittlesey Girls Under-14s
AFC WHITTLESEY Girls Under-14s sealed a sensational season by handing out awards to their star performers at the annual presentation night.
The team received their awards from sponsors Boon Brothers and Stevenage Packaging - bringing the curtain down on a memorable season which saw them win the Cambridgeshire County Cup and finish as runners-up in their league.
Charlie Hawkins was named Team Player of the Year, Charley Ireland got Manager’s Player of the Year and goalkeeper Sophie Powell was handed the overall Player of the Year.
Manager and club secretary Andy Powell said: “It was a fantastic season. AFC Whittlesey Girls are now looking to develop their successful team for under-15 football next season.
“We are looking for players to join the friendly team. Any girls interested who are in school years 9-10 in September should ring Andy Powell on 01733 351397 or 07970887785.”
You may also want to watch:
Pictured are Andy Powell (Manager), Gary Swan and Steve Rowley (Coaches), Robert Boon from Boon Brothers, Teri Lee Weston and Emma Amondsen from Stevenage Packaging and the squad made up of Taylor Reade, Charlie Hawkins, Stacy Rowley, Eden White, Rosie Mallows, Sofia Green, Annie Posnett, Leah Anthony, Sophie Powell, Charley Ireland, Stacie Boon and Georgia Alegre.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal