President Paul helps North Cambs put on a good show in county clash
- Credit: Archant
English Bowling Federation president Paul Bennett took a break from his ceremonial duties – to play in a county fixture last Saturday.
Bennett, from Wisbech, was part of the North Cambs team who gave a great account of themselves against powerhouses Norfolk in an Adams Trophy clash.
The locals were beaten 184-158 in the contest at March Town BC, but they did manage triumphs on three of the six rinks. Bennett, who plays for the CMB club, featured in the most emphatic of them.
North Cambs are still waiting for their first win of the season. They’ve also been beaten by Northants (193-136) after a 152-152 draw against North Essex.
They are back in action tomorrow (Saturday) when away to Hunts at Huntingdon BC.
You may also want to watch:
North Cambs 158, Norfolk 184.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 6 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
North Cambs rinks: P. Bennett/T. Reed/A. Hailes won 38-21, D. Crocket/C. Griffin/P. Cross won 31-24, L. Smith/C. Newby/M. Oliver won 26-20, T. Harley/B. Player/C. Scotcher lost 22-37, J. Allenson/D. Thorpe/C. Walling lost 23-35, C. Bothamley/P. Flynn/T. Hurlock lost 18-47.