President Paul helps North Cambs put on a good show in county clash
- Credit: Archant
English Bowling Federation president Paul Bennett took a break from his ceremonial duties – to play in a county fixture last Saturday.
Bennett, from Wisbech, was part of the North Cambs team who gave a great account of themselves against powerhouses Norfolk in an Adams Trophy clash.
The locals were beaten 184-158 in the contest at March Town BC, but they did manage triumphs on three of the six rinks. Bennett, who plays for the CMB club, featured in the most emphatic of them.
North Cambs are still waiting for their first win of the season. They’ve also been beaten by Northants (193-136) after a 152-152 draw against North Essex.
They are back in action tomorrow (Saturday) when away to Hunts at Huntingdon BC.
You may also want to watch:
North Cambs 158, Norfolk 184.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
North Cambs rinks: P. Bennett/T. Reed/A. Hailes won 38-21, D. Crocket/C. Griffin/P. Cross won 31-24, L. Smith/C. Newby/M. Oliver won 26-20, T. Harley/B. Player/C. Scotcher lost 22-37, J. Allenson/D. Thorpe/C. Walling lost 23-35, C. Bothamley/P. Flynn/T. Hurlock lost 18-47.