President Paul helps North Cambs put on a good show in county clash
- Credit: Archant
English Bowling Federation president Paul Bennett took a break from his ceremonial duties – to play in a county fixture last Saturday.
Bennett, from Wisbech, was part of the North Cambs team who gave a great account of themselves against powerhouses Norfolk in an Adams Trophy clash.
The locals were beaten 184-158 in the contest at March Town BC, but they did manage triumphs on three of the six rinks. Bennett, who plays for the CMB club, featured in the most emphatic of them.
North Cambs are still waiting for their first win of the season. They’ve also been beaten by Northants (193-136) after a 152-152 draw against North Essex.
They are back in action tomorrow (Saturday) when away to Hunts at Huntingdon BC.
You may also want to watch:
North Cambs 158, Norfolk 184.
- 1 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 2 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 10 Council buys up 1,000 sandbags ahead of Storm Christoph
North Cambs rinks: P. Bennett/T. Reed/A. Hailes won 38-21, D. Crocket/C. Griffin/P. Cross won 31-24, L. Smith/C. Newby/M. Oliver won 26-20, T. Harley/B. Player/C. Scotcher lost 22-37, J. Allenson/D. Thorpe/C. Walling lost 23-35, C. Bothamley/P. Flynn/T. Hurlock lost 18-47.