President Paul helps North Cambs put on a good show in county clash
- Credit: Archant
English Bowling Federation president Paul Bennett took a break from his ceremonial duties – to play in a county fixture last Saturday.
Bennett, from Wisbech, was part of the North Cambs team who gave a great account of themselves against powerhouses Norfolk in an Adams Trophy clash.
The locals were beaten 184-158 in the contest at March Town BC, but they did manage triumphs on three of the six rinks. Bennett, who plays for the CMB club, featured in the most emphatic of them.
North Cambs are still waiting for their first win of the season. They’ve also been beaten by Northants (193-136) after a 152-152 draw against North Essex.
They are back in action tomorrow (Saturday) when away to Hunts at Huntingdon BC.
North Cambs 158, Norfolk 184.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 7 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
North Cambs rinks: P. Bennett/T. Reed/A. Hailes won 38-21, D. Crocket/C. Griffin/P. Cross won 31-24, L. Smith/C. Newby/M. Oliver won 26-20, T. Harley/B. Player/C. Scotcher lost 22-37, J. Allenson/D. Thorpe/C. Walling lost 23-35, C. Bothamley/P. Flynn/T. Hurlock lost 18-47.