President’s day at Gedney
- Credit: Archant
Players got into the swing and helped raise cash for charity at the annual President’s Day competition at Gedney Hill Golf Club on Sunday.
Over 50 members took part and a total of £405 was raised in aid of Cancer Research.
The results were:
Men’s Competition: Andy Davies 43pts; Chris Blakey 40(acb); Craig Johnson 40.
Men’s Nearest the Pins: 3rd Hole - Stuart Shinkin; 4th Hole - Nigel Baines; 11th Hole - Stuart Cooper; 12th Hole - Rob Newns.
Men’s Nearest the Line: Phil Davis
Men’s Nearest the Pin in 2 on 18th Hole: Mick Page.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 5 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
Ladies’ Competition: Marilyn Sayer 38pts; Janet Davis 35; Kim Markillie 34.
Ladies’ Nearest the Pins: 4th Hole – Janet Davis; 11th Hole – Nicky Weller; 12th Hole – Diane Moore.
Ladies’ Nearest the Line: Maggie Bingham
Clark Steel Trophy: Mick Page 65nett (acb); S Bett 65; Paul Hanson 66 (acb).
Rigby Taylor Cup: Nicky Weller 36; Chris Bennett 33; Kim Markillie 32.