President’s day at Gedney
- Credit: Archant
Players got into the swing and helped raise cash for charity at the annual President’s Day competition at Gedney Hill Golf Club on Sunday.
Over 50 members took part and a total of £405 was raised in aid of Cancer Research.
The results were:
Men’s Competition: Andy Davies 43pts; Chris Blakey 40(acb); Craig Johnson 40.
Men’s Nearest the Pins: 3rd Hole - Stuart Shinkin; 4th Hole - Nigel Baines; 11th Hole - Stuart Cooper; 12th Hole - Rob Newns.
You may also want to watch:
Men’s Nearest the Line: Phil Davis
Men’s Nearest the Pin in 2 on 18th Hole: Mick Page.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
Ladies’ Competition: Marilyn Sayer 38pts; Janet Davis 35; Kim Markillie 34.
Ladies’ Nearest the Pins: 4th Hole – Janet Davis; 11th Hole – Nicky Weller; 12th Hole – Diane Moore.
Ladies’ Nearest the Line: Maggie Bingham
Clark Steel Trophy: Mick Page 65nett (acb); S Bett 65; Paul Hanson 66 (acb).
Rigby Taylor Cup: Nicky Weller 36; Chris Bennett 33; Kim Markillie 32.