President’s day at Gedney
- Credit: Archant
Players got into the swing and helped raise cash for charity at the annual President’s Day competition at Gedney Hill Golf Club on Sunday.
Over 50 members took part and a total of £405 was raised in aid of Cancer Research.
The results were:
Men’s Competition: Andy Davies 43pts; Chris Blakey 40(acb); Craig Johnson 40.
Men’s Nearest the Pins: 3rd Hole - Stuart Shinkin; 4th Hole - Nigel Baines; 11th Hole - Stuart Cooper; 12th Hole - Rob Newns.
You may also want to watch:
Men’s Nearest the Line: Phil Davis
Men’s Nearest the Pin in 2 on 18th Hole: Mick Page.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public
Ladies’ Competition: Marilyn Sayer 38pts; Janet Davis 35; Kim Markillie 34.
Ladies’ Nearest the Pins: 4th Hole – Janet Davis; 11th Hole – Nicky Weller; 12th Hole – Diane Moore.
Ladies’ Nearest the Line: Maggie Bingham
Clark Steel Trophy: Mick Page 65nett (acb); S Bett 65; Paul Hanson 66 (acb).
Rigby Taylor Cup: Nicky Weller 36; Chris Bennett 33; Kim Markillie 32.