Presidents XI triumph in March Cricket Club encounter
MARCH Cricket Club held its Presidents against Chairmans game on Sunday with the Presidents side coming out on top.
Rain threatened the encounter but eventually the umpires, chairman Les Mills and Keith Coburn, were able to get the match underway.
The Presidents X1, captained by John Gilson, accumulated runs slowly at first but eventually made 206 in their 46.1 overs. The Chairmans X1, captained by Stuart Mills, could only make 173 all out in reply.
After the match all participants enjoyed a supper which was provided by chairman Mills and president Mel Pooley.
Presidents X1 - 206 in 46.1 overs
Rob Tombs 59 retired
(James Beresford 2-29)
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 9 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 10 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
Chairmans XI - 173 all out in 40.1 overs
Matt Wilcox 70 retired
(Rob Tombs 2-12)