Presidents XI triumph in March Cricket Club encounter
MARCH Cricket Club held its Presidents against Chairmans game on Sunday with the Presidents side coming out on top.
Rain threatened the encounter but eventually the umpires, chairman Les Mills and Keith Coburn, were able to get the match underway.
The Presidents X1, captained by John Gilson, accumulated runs slowly at first but eventually made 206 in their 46.1 overs. The Chairmans X1, captained by Stuart Mills, could only make 173 all out in reply.
After the match all participants enjoyed a supper which was provided by chairman Mills and president Mel Pooley.
Presidents X1 - 206 in 46.1 overs
You may also want to watch:
Rob Tombs 59 retired
(James Beresford 2-29)
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 7 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Chairmans XI - 173 all out in 40.1 overs
Matt Wilcox 70 retired
(Rob Tombs 2-12)