Presidents XI triumph in March Cricket Club encounter
MARCH Cricket Club held its Presidents against Chairmans game on Sunday with the Presidents side coming out on top.
Rain threatened the encounter but eventually the umpires, chairman Les Mills and Keith Coburn, were able to get the match underway.
The Presidents X1, captained by John Gilson, accumulated runs slowly at first but eventually made 206 in their 46.1 overs. The Chairmans X1, captained by Stuart Mills, could only make 173 all out in reply.
After the match all participants enjoyed a supper which was provided by chairman Mills and president Mel Pooley.
Presidents X1 - 206 in 46.1 overs
You may also want to watch:
Rob Tombs 59 retired
(James Beresford 2-29)
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
Chairmans XI - 173 all out in 40.1 overs
Matt Wilcox 70 retired
(Rob Tombs 2-12)