Presidents XI triumph in March Cricket Club encounter
MARCH Cricket Club held its Presidents against Chairmans game on Sunday with the Presidents side coming out on top.
Rain threatened the encounter but eventually the umpires, chairman Les Mills and Keith Coburn, were able to get the match underway.
The Presidents X1, captained by John Gilson, accumulated runs slowly at first but eventually made 206 in their 46.1 overs. The Chairmans X1, captained by Stuart Mills, could only make 173 all out in reply.
After the match all participants enjoyed a supper which was provided by chairman Mills and president Mel Pooley.
Presidents X1 - 206 in 46.1 overs
You may also want to watch:
Rob Tombs 59 retired
(James Beresford 2-29)
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
Chairmans XI - 173 all out in 40.1 overs
Matt Wilcox 70 retired
(Rob Tombs 2-12)