Tennis: Prior picks up Peukert Trophy at Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Lucy Prior was awarded the Peter Peukert Memorial Trophy at Wisbech Tennis Club’s junior Christmas party on Sunday.
The award is given annually to the junior player who has shown the most improvement and commitment over the season.
Prior, 15, was nominated by club coaches and committee members after playing in her first women’s league match and regularly helping out with junior coaching.
Peter Peukert was a member of the club for many years and served various roles on the committee, before his death more than 31 years ago.
Daughter Sarah also became involved in tennis and his family have continued to support the award.
You may also want to watch:
Children enjoyed a session of fun tennis outdoors, helped by Prior, Harry and Alfie Goldspink, before moving indoors for more traditional games.
Committee members Jane Page, Sue Pitcher, Jacqui West, Sue Beel, club coach Gary Fitzjohn and Sue Tolliday were thanked for making the day possible.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 6 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
The club hold their last tennis and cake session before Christmas on Saturday (December 15) at 1.30pm. See wisbechtennisclub.org.uk for more details.