Tennis: Prior picks up Peukert Trophy at Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Lucy Prior was awarded the Peter Peukert Memorial Trophy at Wisbech Tennis Club’s junior Christmas party on Sunday.
The award is given annually to the junior player who has shown the most improvement and commitment over the season.
Prior, 15, was nominated by club coaches and committee members after playing in her first women’s league match and regularly helping out with junior coaching.
Peter Peukert was a member of the club for many years and served various roles on the committee, before his death more than 31 years ago.
Daughter Sarah also became involved in tennis and his family have continued to support the award.
You may also want to watch:
Children enjoyed a session of fun tennis outdoors, helped by Prior, Harry and Alfie Goldspink, before moving indoors for more traditional games.
Committee members Jane Page, Sue Pitcher, Jacqui West, Sue Beel, club coach Gary Fitzjohn and Sue Tolliday were thanked for making the day possible.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 6 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 7 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 8 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 9 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 10 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
The club hold their last tennis and cake session before Christmas on Saturday (December 15) at 1.30pm. See wisbechtennisclub.org.uk for more details.