LOCAL FOOTBALL: Chatteris Town in top spot after holding bottom side to Ransome
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town climbed to the top of the Kershaw Senior A Division last Saturday.
The Lilies stepped up their bid for Cambridgeshire County League promotion with a 7-1 rout of rock-bottom Girton.
Boss Alex Kaufman said: “It is nice for the lads to be rewarded for their hard work and it is great to repay the club for everything going on behind the scenes.
“But it is still very early days and we’re have to take things one game at a time. Our focus is on performance and improving as a team, and hopefully those things will allow us to keep pushing in the right direction.”
Chatteris were briefly behind at Girton, but Gary Smith and Brandon Ransome turned the game beore the break.
You may also want to watch:
Ransome went on to complete his hat-trick in the second half when Ash Blanchflower, Josh Dodman also found the net.
Chatteris have a tough test this Saturday when welcoming fellow promotion-chasers Gamlingay to West Street. The Lilies were beaten 3-2 in the reverse fixture back in early October.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 3 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
Kaufman added: “Gamlingay will definitely be up there at the end of the season. They are physically strong and we will have to be on our game.
“It was close at their place earlier in the season and we know it will be another competitive match.”