Records, trophies and personal bests for Fenland’s runners in great weekend
FENLAND’s finest bagged an impressive haul of trophies, course records and personal bests during a hugely successful weekend for the area’s runners.
Rebecca Cousins set a new woman’s course record at the Thorney 10k with a personal best time of 38.06 minutes as Fenland Running Club’s ladies clinched the team prize.
Andrew Jakeman finished runner-up (34.01 minutes), Jack Trow fourth (34.52 minutes) and Robin Parker eighth (35.54) to clinch the men’s prize with Parker finishing first in the men’s vet class. Seven of the club’s runners achieved personal bests.
Andrew Larham was the first March Athletic Club runner home during the Oakley 20-mile race. He finished in 49th place, clinching the third male vet prize in a personal best time of two hours 15.15 minutes.
Tim Chapman was the first Fenland Running Club to cross the line in a time of two hours 21.40 minutes to secure 94th place.
You may also want to watch:
For full results from the weekend’s races visit our website.
• Fenland Running Club’s Andrew McShane completed the Liverpool half-marathon in one hour 46 minutes at the weekend. He was one of 7,500 entrants to complete the course.
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
March AC (Oakley 20-mile): Andrew Larham, 49th, 2.15.55; Mark Salmons, 166th, 2.34.32; Jason Perring, 179th, 2.35.24; Tim Boyd, 309th, 2.46.11; Geraldine Emmins, 317th, 2.46.32; Stephen Cowell, 711th, 3.30.51
Fenland Running Club (Oakley 20-mile): Tim Chapman, 94th, 2.21.40; Richard Dix, 131st, 2.29.25; Andre Pittock, 184th, 2.36.07; Paul Arnold, 185th, 2.36.07; Dan Wate, 199th, 2.36.35; Darren Jackson, 256th, 2.41.37; Adam Oakes, 515th, 3.03.36; Maria Walker, 580th, 3.09.31; Tracey Veenendaal, 728th, 3.34.11; Julie Garner, 743rd, 3.38.34
Fenland Running Club (Thorney 10k): Andrew Jakeman, 2nd, 34.01; Jack Trow, 4th, PB 34.52; Robin Parker, 8th, 35.54; Rebecca Cousins, 17th PB 38.06; Ady Martin. 22nd, 39.09; Paul Wiegand, 33rd, PB 41.15; Lisa Jermey, 48th, PB 42.55; David Webster, 54th, PB 43.50; Melanie Murdoch, 60th, PB 44.09; Dave Hood, 124th, 50.00; Cheryl Chapman, 132nd, PB 50.34; Jane Greenwood, 177th, 54.28 and Ellen Drew—Beck, 181st, 55.05.