Red-hot Anderson helps March Town United to first win of the season
Ridgeons First Division: Godmanchester Rovers 0 March Town United 3
IN-FORM striker Stu Anderson bagged his third goal in two games as March Town United picked up their first win of the season at Godmanchester Rovers last night.
Anderson - who bagged a brace during Saturday’s opening day 2-2 draw with Whitton United - found the back of the net again to help Brett Whaley’s side continue their unbeaten start to the campaign.
The 28-year-old striker, who hit seven goals during pre-season, was joined on the scoresheet by widemen Ash Brand and Adam Rothery.
Anderson’s injured team-mate Kyle Nolan praised the striker’s performance and said to him on Twitter: “(Stu Anderson) Very impressed yesterday. A lot of people in the stand were complementing you. Man-of-the-match performance.”
You may also want to watch:
The Hares’ return of four points from a possible six is a markable improvement on last season’s start where they didn’t pick up a league win until the middle of September.
Whaley said on Twitter: “Get in! Great result for March. Best thing is there’s still room for improvement.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
March: Jordan, Cook, Cooke, Lenton, Sutton, Hepworth, Goodale, Rothery, Anderson, Brand, Wayte
Subs used: Watson, McDonough and Smith
Subs not used: Lemmon and Davis
Cards: Yellow - Goodale
Midweek Ridgeons First Division results in full
Team Bury 5 Ipswich Wanderers 1 - Att: 67
Cambridge University Press 1 Halstead Town 3 - Att: 72
Fakenham Town 1 Downham Town 2 - Att: 100
Stowmarket Town 3 Long Melford 4 - Att: 59
Swaffham Town 1 Thetford Town 2 - Att: 57
Godmanchester Rovers 0 March Town United 3 - Att: 104
• March host Ridgeons Premier Division Kirkley & Pakefield in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round on Saturday. For a full FA Cup preview see tomorrow’s Cambs Times.