Reed’s brace helps Wisbech Town continue supreme pre-season with 4-0 win
A BRACE from Callum Reed helped Wisbech Town continue their supreme pre-season with a 4-0 thumping of Peterborough Northern Star last night.
The Fenmen, who cruised to victory in all of their first four friendlies, might have expected a tougher test against last season’s FA Vase quarter-finalists.
But Steve Appleby’s side powered into a 3-0 lead after just 15 minutes at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
The impressive Ollie Gale put them ahead, before a Reed header and a Dubi Ogbonna rocket made it comfortable.
The victory was sealed early in the second half when Reed scored his second courtesy of a mistake from the PNS ‘keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech host Holbeach United tomorrow (Thursday).
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo