Rejuvenated March Bears celebrate rollercoaster season with dinner dance
MARCH Bears celebrated a fantastic season as the rejuvenated rugby club held their 42nd annual dinner dance.
March Conservative Club hosted the Bears as they brought the curtain down on a rollercoaster of a season.
The club had suffered a string of early-season thumpings before returning in style after Christmas, recording a series of crushing wins and losing only two games out of 10.
Jonathan Beavis won the coaches’ player of the year and the first XV player of the year, while Simon Altoff took the captain’s cup.
Legends player of the year was Jason Mottram, legends captain’s cup winner was Gary Parmenter and club man of the year was Rob Whyman. Matty Day and John Aspinwall finished as the leading try-scorers.
You may also want to watch:
The volunteer award was given to Reg Flack and Clairice Pepper won the president’s cup.
President Barry Feetham praised the impact of coaches Richard Horne and Carl Moore and thanked the players and volunteers for their persistence.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
The club will hold their AGM in the pavilion at Elm Road Sports Field on Friday, starting at 7.30pm.