Rejuvenated March Bears celebrate rollercoaster season with dinner dance
MARCH Bears celebrated a fantastic season as the rejuvenated rugby club held their 42nd annual dinner dance.
March Conservative Club hosted the Bears as they brought the curtain down on a rollercoaster of a season.
The club had suffered a string of early-season thumpings before returning in style after Christmas, recording a series of crushing wins and losing only two games out of 10.
Jonathan Beavis won the coaches’ player of the year and the first XV player of the year, while Simon Altoff took the captain’s cup.
Legends player of the year was Jason Mottram, legends captain’s cup winner was Gary Parmenter and club man of the year was Rob Whyman. Matty Day and John Aspinwall finished as the leading try-scorers.
You may also want to watch:
The volunteer award was given to Reg Flack and Clairice Pepper won the president’s cup.
President Barry Feetham praised the impact of coaches Richard Horne and Carl Moore and thanked the players and volunteers for their persistence.
- 1 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 2 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 5 Katie Price mistakes BBC Look East presenter for Natalie Cassidy
- 6 Litter pickers find stolen handbag snatched from shopper last year
- 7 Prepare to be ‘as horrified as I was’ says former audit chair
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 10 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'
The club will hold their AGM in the pavilion at Elm Road Sports Field on Friday, starting at 7.30pm.