Resurgent Wisbech seconds power to another dominant win
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech seconds carried on their recent impressive run with a commanding 57-8 win at Norwich Medics II in the Norfolk league merit table on Saturday.
Wisbech fell behind to an early Norwich try but from then on it was one way traffic as they scored nine tries.
Nathan Goodale bagged a brace of tries, while Richard Pearson marked his first game since returning from a stint at Diss with a try.
James Patrick, Ben Chapman, Ali Comben, Jack Malkin, Harry Newman and Ricky Harnwell also scored tries, with four conversions from Malkin and two from Sam Anderson.
It was a special day for father and son Simon and Daniel Blackwell, who appeared in the same side for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Cliff Humphreys said: “We were able to select a fairly strong squad. It gave us a chance to use the match to give game time to an number of squad players and to work on a different number of combinations given that both Wisbech sides have important league matches coming up.
“We have a number of players back this weekend after injury and work commitment so both squads should be at full strength.”
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
Wisbech’s first team is back in action on Saturday in a must-win London NE Division Three home clash with fellow relegation strugglers Wymondham.
Wisbech II host Merit table league leaders UEA from Norwich. Both games kick off at 2.30pm.