Resurgent Wisbech seconds power to another dominant win
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech seconds carried on their recent impressive run with a commanding 57-8 win at Norwich Medics II in the Norfolk league merit table on Saturday.
Wisbech fell behind to an early Norwich try but from then on it was one way traffic as they scored nine tries.
Nathan Goodale bagged a brace of tries, while Richard Pearson marked his first game since returning from a stint at Diss with a try.
James Patrick, Ben Chapman, Ali Comben, Jack Malkin, Harry Newman and Ricky Harnwell also scored tries, with four conversions from Malkin and two from Sam Anderson.
It was a special day for father and son Simon and Daniel Blackwell, who appeared in the same side for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Cliff Humphreys said: “We were able to select a fairly strong squad. It gave us a chance to use the match to give game time to an number of squad players and to work on a different number of combinations given that both Wisbech sides have important league matches coming up.
“We have a number of players back this weekend after injury and work commitment so both squads should be at full strength.”
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Wisbech’s first team is back in action on Saturday in a must-win London NE Division Three home clash with fellow relegation strugglers Wymondham.
Wisbech II host Merit table league leaders UEA from Norwich. Both games kick off at 2.30pm.