Ridgeons round-up: Cartwright sees red as Wisbech Town draw a blank
TEN-MAN Wisbech Town failed to score for the first time in 11 league games at the weekend while March Town United also drew a blank.
Stacy Cartwright was sent off for a second yellow card in the Fenmen’s 0-0 draw with mid-table Woodbridge Town at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
And March were also left cursing a disappointing afternoon as they slipped to sixth place in the Ridgeons First Division.
The Hares were boosted by the surprise inclusion of loaned King’s Lynn Town striker Liam Harrold - but they fell to a 2-0 defeat at Team Bury.
Wisbech, who sit fourth in the Ridgeons Premier Division, host Diss Town tomorrow night.
You may also want to watch:
March host Long Melford on Saturday.
• CHATTERIS Town failed to follow up on their first victory for five months by falling to a 1-0 defeat at Waterbeach on Saturday.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Julian Young’s Lilies beat Foxton 3-2 to claim their first win since September last weekend - but were unable to repeat the heroics away at mid-table Waterbeach.
Chatteris, who sit third bottom in the Kershaw Premier League, travel to Brampton on Saturday.