Ridgeons round-up: Cartwright sees red as Wisbech Town draw a blank
TEN-MAN Wisbech Town failed to score for the first time in 11 league games at the weekend while March Town United also drew a blank.
Stacy Cartwright was sent off for a second yellow card in the Fenmen’s 0-0 draw with mid-table Woodbridge Town at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
And March were also left cursing a disappointing afternoon as they slipped to sixth place in the Ridgeons First Division.
The Hares were boosted by the surprise inclusion of loaned King’s Lynn Town striker Liam Harrold - but they fell to a 2-0 defeat at Team Bury.
Wisbech, who sit fourth in the Ridgeons Premier Division, host Diss Town tomorrow night.
You may also want to watch:
March host Long Melford on Saturday.
• CHATTERIS Town failed to follow up on their first victory for five months by falling to a 1-0 defeat at Waterbeach on Saturday.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Dogs to join hounds across the world in global walk
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
Julian Young’s Lilies beat Foxton 3-2 to claim their first win since September last weekend - but were unable to repeat the heroics away at mid-table Waterbeach.
Chatteris, who sit third bottom in the Kershaw Premier League, travel to Brampton on Saturday.