Ridgeons round-up: Cartwright sees red as Wisbech Town draw a blank
TEN-MAN Wisbech Town failed to score for the first time in 11 league games at the weekend while March Town United also drew a blank.
Stacy Cartwright was sent off for a second yellow card in the Fenmen’s 0-0 draw with mid-table Woodbridge Town at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
And March were also left cursing a disappointing afternoon as they slipped to sixth place in the Ridgeons First Division.
The Hares were boosted by the surprise inclusion of loaned King’s Lynn Town striker Liam Harrold - but they fell to a 2-0 defeat at Team Bury.
Wisbech, who sit fourth in the Ridgeons Premier Division, host Diss Town tomorrow night.
You may also want to watch:
March host Long Melford on Saturday.
• CHATTERIS Town failed to follow up on their first victory for five months by falling to a 1-0 defeat at Waterbeach on Saturday.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
Julian Young’s Lilies beat Foxton 3-2 to claim their first win since September last weekend - but were unable to repeat the heroics away at mid-table Waterbeach.
Chatteris, who sit third bottom in the Kershaw Premier League, travel to Brampton on Saturday.