Ridgeons round-up: March Town United go top with victory over Cornard United
MARCH Town United’s promotion charge reached new heights on Saturday as they cruised to the top of the league with a 2-0 win over Cornard United.
A penalty from captain Luke Pepper and a smart finish from striker Stu Anderson was enough to see off Ridgeons First Division strugglers Cornard and put Brett Whaley’s troops in top spot.
Promotion rivals Thetford Town – who fell to a 2-1 defeat against high-flying Godmanchester Rovers – sit one point behind the Hares in second, but with four games in hand.
The Hares next game is on January 28, when they will travel to Stowmarket Town.
March Town United Reserves sealed a fine day for the club by beating Fenland rivals Chatteris Town Reserves 1-0 at the GER.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Town were denied the chance to return to winning ways after their clash with Gorleston was postponed due to a frozen pitch.
The Fenmen host Dunston UTS in the FA Vase Fourth Round on Saturday.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash