Ridgeons round-up: March Town United go top with victory over Cornard United
MARCH Town United’s promotion charge reached new heights on Saturday as they cruised to the top of the league with a 2-0 win over Cornard United.
A penalty from captain Luke Pepper and a smart finish from striker Stu Anderson was enough to see off Ridgeons First Division strugglers Cornard and put Brett Whaley’s troops in top spot.
Promotion rivals Thetford Town – who fell to a 2-1 defeat against high-flying Godmanchester Rovers – sit one point behind the Hares in second, but with four games in hand.
The Hares next game is on January 28, when they will travel to Stowmarket Town.
March Town United Reserves sealed a fine day for the club by beating Fenland rivals Chatteris Town Reserves 1-0 at the GER.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Town were denied the chance to return to winning ways after their clash with Gorleston was postponed due to a frozen pitch.
The Fenmen host Dunston UTS in the FA Vase Fourth Round on Saturday.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 6 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million