Ridgeons round-up: March Town United go top with victory over Cornard United
MARCH Town United’s promotion charge reached new heights on Saturday as they cruised to the top of the league with a 2-0 win over Cornard United.
A penalty from captain Luke Pepper and a smart finish from striker Stu Anderson was enough to see off Ridgeons First Division strugglers Cornard and put Brett Whaley’s troops in top spot.
Promotion rivals Thetford Town – who fell to a 2-1 defeat against high-flying Godmanchester Rovers – sit one point behind the Hares in second, but with four games in hand.
The Hares next game is on January 28, when they will travel to Stowmarket Town.
March Town United Reserves sealed a fine day for the club by beating Fenland rivals Chatteris Town Reserves 1-0 at the GER.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Town were denied the chance to return to winning ways after their clash with Gorleston was postponed due to a frozen pitch.
The Fenmen host Dunston UTS in the FA Vase Fourth Round on Saturday.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 6 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 7 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road