Ridgeons round-up: Reed nets in Wisbech Town win while March Town United suffer setback
CALLUM Reed’s strike helped Wisbech Town edge past struggling Great Yarmouth Town on Saturday while March Town United suffered a setback.
The Fenmen looked to be in for a frustrating afternoon against bottom-of-the-table Yarmouth until Reed’s 65th minute goal settled the tie.
But the Hares were on the wrong end of the same scoreline as Jordan McDermott’s header condemned them to a narrow defeat at Cambridge University Press.
Wisbech, who moved up to seventh in the Ridgeons Premier Division with the win, host Norwich United in the league tomorrow.
March, who sit third in Ridgeons Division One, travel to Thetford Town - who won 9-0 at the weekend - for their Ridgeons First Division Knockout Cup quarter-final.
The Hares will be without the injured Craig Norman and the suspended Marc Welcher but could include new signings Tony Brown and Antony Thomas.
• CHATTERIS Town showed the first signs of revival under caretaker boss Julian Young in a spirited 3-2 defeat to high-flying Great Shelford.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
Richard Allen’s brace sealed an impressive performance from the relegation-threatened Lilies away at third-placed Shelford in the Kershaw Premier League.