Ridgeons round-up: Reed nets in Wisbech Town win while March Town United suffer setback
CALLUM Reed’s strike helped Wisbech Town edge past struggling Great Yarmouth Town on Saturday while March Town United suffered a setback.
The Fenmen looked to be in for a frustrating afternoon against bottom-of-the-table Yarmouth until Reed’s 65th minute goal settled the tie.
But the Hares were on the wrong end of the same scoreline as Jordan McDermott’s header condemned them to a narrow defeat at Cambridge University Press.
Wisbech, who moved up to seventh in the Ridgeons Premier Division with the win, host Norwich United in the league tomorrow.
March, who sit third in Ridgeons Division One, travel to Thetford Town - who won 9-0 at the weekend - for their Ridgeons First Division Knockout Cup quarter-final.
You may also want to watch:
The Hares will be without the injured Craig Norman and the suspended Marc Welcher but could include new signings Tony Brown and Antony Thomas.
• CHATTERIS Town showed the first signs of revival under caretaker boss Julian Young in a spirited 3-2 defeat to high-flying Great Shelford.
- 1 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Body found in Wisbech road
- 7 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 10 Dogs to join hounds across the world in global walk
Richard Allen’s brace sealed an impressive performance from the relegation-threatened Lilies away at third-placed Shelford in the Kershaw Premier League.