Ridgeons round-up: Reed nets in Wisbech Town win while March Town United suffer setback
CALLUM Reed’s strike helped Wisbech Town edge past struggling Great Yarmouth Town on Saturday while March Town United suffered a setback.
The Fenmen looked to be in for a frustrating afternoon against bottom-of-the-table Yarmouth until Reed’s 65th minute goal settled the tie.
But the Hares were on the wrong end of the same scoreline as Jordan McDermott’s header condemned them to a narrow defeat at Cambridge University Press.
Wisbech, who moved up to seventh in the Ridgeons Premier Division with the win, host Norwich United in the league tomorrow.
March, who sit third in Ridgeons Division One, travel to Thetford Town - who won 9-0 at the weekend - for their Ridgeons First Division Knockout Cup quarter-final.
You may also want to watch:
The Hares will be without the injured Craig Norman and the suspended Marc Welcher but could include new signings Tony Brown and Antony Thomas.
• CHATTERIS Town showed the first signs of revival under caretaker boss Julian Young in a spirited 3-2 defeat to high-flying Great Shelford.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
Richard Allen’s brace sealed an impressive performance from the relegation-threatened Lilies away at third-placed Shelford in the Kershaw Premier League.