Ridgeons round-up: Reed nets in Wisbech Town win while March Town United suffer setback
CALLUM Reed’s strike helped Wisbech Town edge past struggling Great Yarmouth Town on Saturday while March Town United suffered a setback.
The Fenmen looked to be in for a frustrating afternoon against bottom-of-the-table Yarmouth until Reed’s 65th minute goal settled the tie.
But the Hares were on the wrong end of the same scoreline as Jordan McDermott’s header condemned them to a narrow defeat at Cambridge University Press.
Wisbech, who moved up to seventh in the Ridgeons Premier Division with the win, host Norwich United in the league tomorrow.
March, who sit third in Ridgeons Division One, travel to Thetford Town - who won 9-0 at the weekend - for their Ridgeons First Division Knockout Cup quarter-final.
You may also want to watch:
The Hares will be without the injured Craig Norman and the suspended Marc Welcher but could include new signings Tony Brown and Antony Thomas.
• CHATTERIS Town showed the first signs of revival under caretaker boss Julian Young in a spirited 3-2 defeat to high-flying Great Shelford.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Richard Allen’s brace sealed an impressive performance from the relegation-threatened Lilies away at third-placed Shelford in the Kershaw Premier League.