Ridgeons round-up: Reed nets in Wisbech Town win while March Town United suffer setback
CALLUM Reed’s strike helped Wisbech Town edge past struggling Great Yarmouth Town on Saturday while March Town United suffered a setback.
The Fenmen looked to be in for a frustrating afternoon against bottom-of-the-table Yarmouth until Reed’s 65th minute goal settled the tie.
But the Hares were on the wrong end of the same scoreline as Jordan McDermott’s header condemned them to a narrow defeat at Cambridge University Press.
Wisbech, who moved up to seventh in the Ridgeons Premier Division with the win, host Norwich United in the league tomorrow.
March, who sit third in Ridgeons Division One, travel to Thetford Town - who won 9-0 at the weekend - for their Ridgeons First Division Knockout Cup quarter-final.
The Hares will be without the injured Craig Norman and the suspended Marc Welcher but could include new signings Tony Brown and Antony Thomas.
• CHATTERIS Town showed the first signs of revival under caretaker boss Julian Young in a spirited 3-2 defeat to high-flying Great Shelford.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 4 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 5 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Improve your selfies and photographs by joining new group
- 8 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 9 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 10 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
Richard Allen’s brace sealed an impressive performance from the relegation-threatened Lilies away at third-placed Shelford in the Kershaw Premier League.