ROUND-UP: Victories for March 1sts, 2nds and 3rds, defeat for 4ths
THERE was success for March Firsts, Seconds and Thirds on Saturday, but defeat for March Fourths away at Witcham.
• A HALF century and a five-wicket haul from Robert Woolley helped March Firsts to a 50-run win at Ramsey in Tucker Gardner Division One on Saturday.
Opener Woolley scored 57 but was eventually bowled by James Markland. He was supported by Steven Hinson with 37. March finished on 192-8.
Ramsey made a poor start in reply and eventually finished 142 all out. Woolley took 5-34, Chris Ringham took 3-18 and Richard Green 2-35.
• MARCH Seconds enjoyed a run spree at The Avenue on Saturday, scoring 256-3 in their 71-run victory over high-flying Thriplow in CCA Senior League Division Two.
You may also want to watch:
Jake Miller with 83 and Jon Kaberry with 75 starred for the home side and shared an opening partnership of 154. They both hit 11 boundaries, including a six.
Former Doddington pair James Harradine and Rob Moden then produced an unbeaten 51-run fourth wicket stand. Harradine scored 46 and Moden hit five boundaries in his 29 not out.
- 1 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
Josh Jackman took 3-43 and Andy Wright 3-47 as Thriplow were dismissed for 185 with four overs remaining.
The win took the Seconds above Thriplow into second in the table.
• JAMES Beresford took four wickets as March Thirds beat Soham by 18 runs in CCA Junior League 2A.
March scored 187-9 from their 40 overs. James Shepherd top scored with 42, supported by Brett Tinnion with 40 and Jake Beart with 33.
Soham’s response was halted 18 runs short by Beresford’s 4-30 off 8.5 overs. Lewis Hilliard and Stuart Fox took two wickets each.
• TEENAGE swing bowler Danny Adamson took five wickets for March Fourths, but could not stop his side falling to a two-wicket defeat away at Witcham in CCA Junior League 4A
Adamson took 5-46, but Witcham reached their 195 target with four overs remaining. Toby Nulty took 2-37.
Manuj Patel top scored for March with 37, supported by Josh Watson with 31, Nulty with 29 and Gary Lawrence with 23.