RUGBY UNION: Title-winning March Bears brush St Ives 2nds aside with commanding display
- Credit: Archant
March Bears have already won the Eastern Counties Division Three West title – but their performances have not wavered.
The local lads easily brushed their nearest rivals aside last weekend, beating St Ives 2nds 55-5 to tie up their eighth consecutive league win.
Their winning afternoon got off to flier thanks to a try from winger Jon Aspinwall, before Edward Cribb added a second soon after.
Will Burke notched a third after some neat passing play, and Jack Allison sprinted home and dotted down to extend March’s advantage.
Veteran hooker Simon Whittaker bounced off a couple of tackles to score, centre Tom Swann rampaged through the St Ives defence to further increase their lead and Cribb helped himself to his second to give March a healthy lead into the half time break.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives took advantage of the Bears’ slow start to the second half to score, but March were quick to respond as Stewart Rigby broke of the back of a set scrum to run in and score.
Kris Feaviour added his name to the score sheet, and Cribb side-stepped the St Ives defence to tie up his hat-trick as March ran out comfortable winners.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
March conclude their season with a trip to Newmarket 2nds, who sit at the bottom of the league standings, on Saturday afternoon.