RUGBY UNION: Title-winning March Bears brush St Ives 2nds aside with commanding display
- Credit: Archant
March Bears have already won the Eastern Counties Division Three West title – but their performances have not wavered.
The local lads easily brushed their nearest rivals aside last weekend, beating St Ives 2nds 55-5 to tie up their eighth consecutive league win.
Their winning afternoon got off to flier thanks to a try from winger Jon Aspinwall, before Edward Cribb added a second soon after.
Will Burke notched a third after some neat passing play, and Jack Allison sprinted home and dotted down to extend March’s advantage.
Veteran hooker Simon Whittaker bounced off a couple of tackles to score, centre Tom Swann rampaged through the St Ives defence to further increase their lead and Cribb helped himself to his second to give March a healthy lead into the half time break.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives took advantage of the Bears’ slow start to the second half to score, but March were quick to respond as Stewart Rigby broke of the back of a set scrum to run in and score.
Kris Feaviour added his name to the score sheet, and Cribb side-stepped the St Ives defence to tie up his hat-trick as March ran out comfortable winners.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 10 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
March conclude their season with a trip to Newmarket 2nds, who sit at the bottom of the league standings, on Saturday afternoon.