Runner doing two half-marathons’ for charity
A RUNNER is competing in two half-marathons’ to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Adam Pugh, who lives in March, will be entering the BUPA Great North Run on September 19 and the Peterborough Great Eastern Run on October 10. The member of Thorney Running Club completed the Peterborough event in one hour, 37 minutes and 12 seconds last year and hopes to better his time at the second attempt.
He said: “I’m doing the Great North Run after watching it on TV because around 54,000 people did it and it looks pretty amazing.
“I want to beat my time from last year at Peterborough but fancied making the challenge even bigger for myself by doing two half-marathon’s rather than one. Hopefully I should raise more money by competing in both too.”
Pugh and wife Jenny have lost grandparents to cancer while Jenny’s father is on the road to recovery after a successful operation in his battle against the disease.
Adam can be sponsored at www.justgiving.com/adam-pugh
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier