ATHLETICS: Fenland Running Club tackle challenging Folksworth course
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club braved the cold to tackle the challenging Folksworth 15 course on Sunday (January 26).
Twenty-two runners covered country roads and steep hills over two laps ahead of the spring marathon season.
Andrew Plume was first home for FRC on his first outing on this course, followed by Ryan Jones.
Jay Gilbert was first lady home with a personal best. Gary Clifford, Jane Clarke, Pete Lunt, Andy Beveridge, Carly Read, Jac Richards, Stacie Youngs, Melissa Milham and Rachel Nichols also took on the course for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Plume 01:35:25, Ryan Jones 01:36:58, Gary Clifford 01:53:20, Rod Sinnott 01:54:06, Steve Bennington 01:55:09, Jay Gilbert 02:03:12 (PB), Ellen Connolly 02:04:12 (PB), Ann Trett 02:06:11, Jane Clarke 02:06:54, Pete Lunt 02:07:20, Carol Bowett 02:08:04 (PB), Andy Beveridge 02:09:30, Stuart Follen 02:09:56, Carly Read 02:16:20, Jac Richards 02:19:35, Stacie Youngs 02:23:15, Larissa Follen 02:25:53, Jane Greenwood 02:30:15, Melissa Milham 02:30:41, Rachael Nichols 02:32:58, Neil Bailey 02:36:13, Sarah Rippon 02:51:15.
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site