Runners celebrate personal bests at the GEAR 10K race in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Personal bests were smashed by athletes from the Fenland Running Club at a 10K race in King’s Lynn.
The GEAR race saw personal bests for half of the 36 club runners who turned out.
With superb conditions, in a field of more than two thousand finishers, FRC had some great results.
First home for the club was Andrew Plume, gracing his charity raising efforts for Alzheimer’s Society with a PB of 36:06.
First lady home for the club was new Bethan Everson who was seventh female senior overall in a PB time of 38:43.
You may also want to watch:
Another outstanding effort was made by Ryan Jones who achieved a time of 40:23 whilst running in an Incredibles superhero outfit.
Full results: Andrew Plume 31st 36:06 (PB); Martin Jennings 48th 36:54; Richard Hammond 59th 37:19 (PB); Bethan Everson 87th 38:43 (PB); Stuart Follen 104th 39:36 (PB); Ryan Jones 126th 40:23; Rod Sinnott 133rd 40:43; John Shaw 167th 41:32 (PB); Richard Agger 294th 44:28 (PB); Claudia Milburn 300th 44:34 (PB); Tom Richards 326th 44:44; Sarah Gauvin 326th 45:09; Nicky Jennings 353rd 45:38; Max Pearson 374th 46:00 (PB); Ian King 416th 46:43 (PB); Carol Bowett 158th 47:10 (PB); Ann Trett 501st 48:03; Paulina Zub 532nd 48:23; Pamela Reynolds 512th 48:28 (PB); Justin Brown 558th 48:39 (PB); Keith White 587th 49:02; John Welborne 606th 47:10; Sam Lyddiatt 833rd 52:09; Jane Greenwood 929th 53:18 (PB); Paula Mulcock 1,028th 54:35; Joanne Clarke 1,068th 55:05; Tracy Adams 1,078th 55:17 (PB); Julie Garner 1,130th 55:49 (PB); Carol Slater-Garner 1,582nd 1:02:55 (PB); Barbara Welborne 1,565th 1:02:39; Julia Oram 1:03:13 (PB); Stephen Brunton 1,653rd 1:04:22; Kristy Brunton 1,708th 1:05:36 (PB); Sally King 1.950th 1:12:50 (PB).
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home