March Athletic Club brave August heatwave in latest virtual run
- Credit: Archant
March Athletic Club runners braved the August heatwave to complete their latest virtual run in soaring temperatures.
Members took on the Graysmoor 10k, where they were given a two-week period during the month to finish the challenge, but this was extended to three weeks due to the high temperatures, which reached 30 degrees.
The challenge, which ended on Sunday, August 23, was arranged after a healthy response to the club’s first virtual race in July.
27 runners tackle a mixed terrain route, taking them from Chain Bridge, along Graysmoor Drove and through the Ring’s End and HMP Whitemoor nature reserves.
First man home and overall was Luke Brown in 38:55, while first woman home and third overall was Kanina O’Neill in 43:17.
Four runners achieved personal bests, while three of the club’s veterans walked the route.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 3 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 4 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 8 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 9 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Luke Brown 0:38:55; Andy Cole 0:41:31; Kanina O’Neill 0:43:17; Steven Robinett 0:43:23; Tim Brammer 0:44:00 PB; Barry Head 0:44:29 PB; Arthur Maddox 0:45:39; Alan Brown 0:48:00; Karen Patterson 0:48:49; Walter Beldom 0:49:06; James Arran 0:49:57; Jon Long 0:51:46; Jo Anderson-Wenn 0:54:14 PB; Eleanor Snooks 0:54:39; Hannah Daniels 0:55:25; Wendy Harrison 0:57:16; Bill Swaddling 0:59:05; Fay Scrivener 0:59:06; Sue Ward 0:59:29 PB; Nina Markillie 0:59:51; Dawn Veal 1:01:17; Aisleen Parker 1:01:40; Mark Darlow 1:05:12; Pat Norris 1:08:54; Anthony Whibley 2:07:00; Maura Brown 2:21:50; Pat Brown 2:21:50.