March Athletic Club brave August heatwave in latest virtual run
- Credit: Archant
March Athletic Club runners braved the August heatwave to complete their latest virtual run in soaring temperatures.
Members took on the Graysmoor 10k, where they were given a two-week period during the month to finish the challenge, but this was extended to three weeks due to the high temperatures, which reached 30 degrees.
The challenge, which ended on Sunday, August 23, was arranged after a healthy response to the club’s first virtual race in July.
27 runners tackle a mixed terrain route, taking them from Chain Bridge, along Graysmoor Drove and through the Ring’s End and HMP Whitemoor nature reserves.
First man home and overall was Luke Brown in 38:55, while first woman home and third overall was Kanina O’Neill in 43:17.
You may also want to watch:
Four runners achieved personal bests, while three of the club’s veterans walked the route.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 5 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 9 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 10 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
Luke Brown 0:38:55; Andy Cole 0:41:31; Kanina O’Neill 0:43:17; Steven Robinett 0:43:23; Tim Brammer 0:44:00 PB; Barry Head 0:44:29 PB; Arthur Maddox 0:45:39; Alan Brown 0:48:00; Karen Patterson 0:48:49; Walter Beldom 0:49:06; James Arran 0:49:57; Jon Long 0:51:46; Jo Anderson-Wenn 0:54:14 PB; Eleanor Snooks 0:54:39; Hannah Daniels 0:55:25; Wendy Harrison 0:57:16; Bill Swaddling 0:59:05; Fay Scrivener 0:59:06; Sue Ward 0:59:29 PB; Nina Markillie 0:59:51; Dawn Veal 1:01:17; Aisleen Parker 1:01:40; Mark Darlow 1:05:12; Pat Norris 1:08:54; Anthony Whibley 2:07:00; Maura Brown 2:21:50; Pat Brown 2:21:50.