ATHLETICS: Fenland Running Club out in force at Frostbite League meeting in March
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club were out in force for the Frostbite League race held at March.
The club fielded 19 runners to brave five miles of mud-filled paths and bridleways as part of the winter campaign.
First home was Lewis Saunders in 34:46, finishing 59th from a 441-strong field.
Phil Thompson and Richard Agger crossed shoulder-to-shoulder in 97th and 98th respectively, with coach John Chapman coming in 39:26, as Jay Gilbert (189th), Becky Taylor (219th) and Jane Clarke (255th) led the FRC ladies.
FRC are pleased to see the continued progress of Tom Richards, although preparation for a spring marathon forced Paul Griffin to pull out halfway through the race.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis Saunders 34:36 (59th); Phil Thompson 36:20 (97th); Richard Agger 36:20 (98th); John Chapman 39:26 (159th); Jay Gilbert 40:27 (189th); Tom Richards 40:34 (194th); Chris Prince 40:51 (198th); Pete Lunt 41:05 (205th); Becky Taylor 41-27 (219th); Phillip Clarke 42-21 (238th); Jane Clarke 43:11 (255th); Ian Milburn 43:47 (265th); Jac Richards 45:34 (302nd); Carly Read 46:07 (307th); Larissa Follen 47:30 (321st); Jane Greenwood 48:56 (338th); Neil Bailey 49:57 (351st); Rachael Nichols 51:16 (372nd); Sarah Rippon 1:00:27 (417th).
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named