Fenland Running Club lace up their boots for eventful weekend
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club fielded 10 runners across the UK this weekend.
Four of these runners completed the Boston (UK) half and full marathon. This was a beautiful scenic course around country roads on a breezy sunny morning.
Stuart Webb blasted through the crowd to finish 91st out of 544 runners with a time of 3:26:50.
Sarah Gauvin conquered her 18th marathon, finishing 176th with a time of 3:45:09 securing a Good for Age time for the London Marathon.
Stuart and Sarah maintained the marathon pace, husband and wife duo Stuart and Larissa Follen took on the half marathon.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Follen finished 27th out of 442 runners with a time of 1:28:26 a long overdue (PB).
Larissa finished 214th with a sub two hour time of 1:58:50, something she has strived to achieve since her last in 2015.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 7 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 10 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
Over at Norwich the 33rd edition of the Larking Gowen City of Norwich Half Marathon, organised by the members and friends of City of Norwich AC.
The race started and finished within the Norfolk Showground and took a rural single lap route through the parishes of Easton, Honingham, Colton, Barnham Broom, Marlingford.
The first half of the course is pretty flat with one or two little bumps in the second half.
Fenland Running Club member Sarah Rippon finished the 13 miles with a time of 2:17:00 flat.
The remaining five Fenland Running Club members finished up the weekend marathons on the southern coast of Brighton.
In a field of over 19000 runners, Hannah, Gilly, Tracy and Sam took part in their first marathon. This was Joanne’s 3rd Brighton Marathon. Weather conditions were great for running, slightly overcast with sunny spells and showers.
Sam Lyddiatt’s finished in 4:53:02 (PB), Hannah Ryan finished in 4:53:04 (PB), Joanne Clarke finished 5:13:56 and Gilly Anderson finished in 5:47:47 (PB). Unfortunately Tracy Adams wasn’t able to complete the race however she starts her training again later this year. Hannah Ryan who ran the Brighton Marathon in memory of her Dad, so far has raised an amazing £1615 for the Addenbrooks Head and Neck Cancer Unit.
If you’re feeling inspired to compete or just have a social run, the Fenland Running Club beginners (and returners) free 12-week course starts again May 1. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org