Runners keep fit with Christmas challenges as Dawn conquers marathon test
Three Counties club member Tracey Else was at it again by keeping teammates fit and occupied in the run-up to Christmas.
Members took part in the ‘12 days of Christmas’ fitness challenge, where members take on two different exercises each day and perform one rep of one exercise, two reps of the second, three reps of the first until 12 reps have been completed.
TCRC’s own version of ‘five days of Christmas’ is a running challenge to the song ‘12 days of Christmas’.
Members must search for a list of different items, such as two tractors turning and four bird street names, take pictures as evidence and then win points while wearing their favourite Christmas outfit.
Bonus points are also awarded for other pictures taken, including a goose and a musical instrument.
TCRC member Dawn Ball took part in the virtual Manchester Marathon, where she ran a combined 26.2 miles in 3:42:30 during October.
Dawn also competed in the first series of the winter 10k trials at Haughley Park, which proved hazardous in some areas due to the inclement weather.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 8 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
She finished 59th out of 148 runners in a watch time of 53:51.