March Athletic Club reign supreme over neighbours in Round Norfolk Relay
- Credit: Archant
March Athletic Club were victors over their near neighbours in the virtual Round Norfolk Relay race (RNR).
The club challenged Three Counties Running Club to take on the challenge on Sunday, July 26, where runners completed seven of the usual 17 legs as part of a mini version of the race.
The RNR usually covers 198 miles divided into 17 unequal stages ranging from 5.49 to 19.67 miles, where teams have 24 hours to complete the relay which starts and finishes at King’s Lynn.
March took the first three spots, while Three Counties finished in fourth and fifth places respectively.
Impressing in the event was the Brown family, with son Luke and dad Alan winning legs one and two, while the ladies also enjoyed a successful day winning three of the legs.
You may also want to watch:
Escapees of Lockdown 7:22:43; Kelly’s Heroes 7:24.28; Tea and Cake 7:28:28; Bolt Wonders 8:20:25; Virtually Challenged 8:59:45.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 7 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 8 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
Leg 1 - 5.76 miles
Luke Brown 0:35:23, Teilo Pearce 0:42:05, Justin Showell 0:48:30, Michelle Fovargue 0:56:20 and Polly Boyd 0:57:46.
Leg 2 - 7.9 miles
Alan Brown 1:02:19, Tim Boyd 1:05:03, Jon Long 1:05:41, James Arran 1:09:36 and Kathryn Brand 1:13:07.
Leg 3 - 9.24 miles
Geraldine Larham 1:06:48, Jason Mottram 1:12:01, Dean Markillie 1:12:42, Scott Bywater 1:25:00 and Mark Darlow 1:36:39.
Leg 4 - 7.52 miles
Barry Head 0:55:15, Steve Starr 1:06:58, Graeme Dedman 1:07:17, Rachel Boxall 1:08:47 and Fay Scrivener 1:14:08.
Leg 5 - 7.27 miles
Kelly-Ann Neale 1:02:11, Wendy Harrison 1:06:15, Michelle Seward 1:11:52, Suzanne Orr 1:22:47 and Pat Norris 1:24:05.
Leg 6 - 10.59 miles
Niall Jackson 1:07:15, Dan Barber 1:20:56, Kev Bunn 1:21:11, Tom Orr 1:30:39 and Dawn Veal 1:48:57.
Leg 7 - 5.49 miles
Karen Patterson 0:41:45, James Moon 0:53:24, Sarah Starr 0:53:44, Stuart Bullard 1:04:03 and Lavinia Seward 1:05:20.