Film-inspired runners become stars of virtual relay
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club (FRC) members aimed to be stars of a different kind as they took on the virtual Hereward Relay event.
The club’s eight teams were all named after their favourite lockdown movie or a general film that represented their abilities.
Usually, FRC would be competing in the relay between Peterborough and Ely alongside over 100 teams but instead took part in a virtual race with March AC and Three Counties RC.
Team Happy Feet - Richard Agger, Ben Jimson, Andrew Plume and Lewis Saunders: 4:11:15.
You may also want to watch:
Four Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest - Paul Griffin, Rod Sinnott, Nigel Seale and Sean Connolly: 4:38:23.
The Fantastic Four - Paulina Zub, Alan Bird, Phill Thompson and Rimvydas Muduras: 4:55:57.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
Little Women - Jane Clarke, Ellen Connolly, Ann Trett and Jay Gilbert: 5:17:17.
The Four Musketeers - Jac Richards, Graham Milliam, Andy Beveridge and Martin Jennings: 5:24:01.
Batman Returns - Larissa Follen, Sarah Rippon, Tony Foice-Beard and Stuart Follen: 6:11:12.
Forrest Gump - Rachael Nicholls, Ade Mills, Lucy Hicks/Joanne Clarke and Pete Lunt: 6:31:48.
Run Fat Runners Run! - Melissa Milham, Gilly Anderson, Hannah Ryan/Lesley Prince and Nigel Marlow: 6:48:58.