RUNNING: Busy weekend for Three Counties Running Club members
- Credit: Archant
Members of Three Counties Running Club travelled across the counties to run in park runs, wine-athons and half marathons over the weekend.
Since being diagnosed with cancer, Sarah-Jane Macdonald started to raise money for Cancer Research by setting herself challenges.
Her challenge to run two half marathons in two days started on Saturday at Bedford with fellow TCRC member Marc Martin both racing in the Bedford half marathon.
Marc was first home for TCRC in a time of 2:01:41 followed by Sarah-Jane in 2:12:49.
Sunday morning saw Sarah-Jane complete her challenge by running on the mixed terrain Northampton half marathon course finishing in a time of 2:41:42.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah-Jane has so far raised £782.60 and is thanking everyone who has supported her.
Saturday saw Steve and Sandra Rhodes take on the 6.5 mile off-road Cambridge wineathon race with Steve claiming the prize of third male home.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
Sunday also saw two TCRC members tackle the hilly Wissy Half Marathon on another Sunny day. Tracey Else was first runner home for the club in 2:09:34 followed shortly by Paul Strattford in 2:11:09.
Zoe Gourley was the only member of TCRC to run in the Run For All 10k race at Leicester and completed it in a time of 54:16.
March Park Run Steve Clarke in 34:28 knocking 30 seconds off his previous weeks time.
Forest Rec Park Run was attended by father and daughter team in times of Colin Apps 23:32 and Joely Apps 38:31.
Kings Lynn Park Run first home for TCRC was Matt Hunter 25:05 followed very closely by Jonny Clark 25:06, Bridgette Watts 36:31 and Molly Thomas with a PB of 43:01.
The TCRC’s next race will be the Rutland Half Marathon on September 17.