RUNNING: Busy weekend for Three Counties Running Club members
- Credit: Archant
Members of Three Counties Running Club travelled across the counties to run in park runs, wine-athons and half marathons over the weekend.
Since being diagnosed with cancer, Sarah-Jane Macdonald started to raise money for Cancer Research by setting herself challenges.
Her challenge to run two half marathons in two days started on Saturday at Bedford with fellow TCRC member Marc Martin both racing in the Bedford half marathon.
Marc was first home for TCRC in a time of 2:01:41 followed by Sarah-Jane in 2:12:49.
Sunday morning saw Sarah-Jane complete her challenge by running on the mixed terrain Northampton half marathon course finishing in a time of 2:41:42.
Sarah-Jane has so far raised £782.60 and is thanking everyone who has supported her.
Saturday saw Steve and Sandra Rhodes take on the 6.5 mile off-road Cambridge wineathon race with Steve claiming the prize of third male home.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 8 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
Sunday also saw two TCRC members tackle the hilly Wissy Half Marathon on another Sunny day. Tracey Else was first runner home for the club in 2:09:34 followed shortly by Paul Strattford in 2:11:09.
Zoe Gourley was the only member of TCRC to run in the Run For All 10k race at Leicester and completed it in a time of 54:16.
March Park Run Steve Clarke in 34:28 knocking 30 seconds off his previous weeks time.
Forest Rec Park Run was attended by father and daughter team in times of Colin Apps 23:32 and Joely Apps 38:31.
Kings Lynn Park Run first home for TCRC was Matt Hunter 25:05 followed very closely by Jonny Clark 25:06, Bridgette Watts 36:31 and Molly Thomas with a PB of 43:01.
The TCRC’s next race will be the Rutland Half Marathon on September 17.