Fenland Running Club return from ‘beautiful and historic’ Wells-next-the-Sea triathlon
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk’s popular Triathlon held in Wells-next-the-Sea was staged by the Wells Harbour Maritime Trust on Sunday, September 2 on an absolutely glorious sunny morning.
The start, transition and finish were all based on the picturesque quayside at Wells.
The 1.5km open water swim was held in the sea in Wells Harbour followed by a 40km bike route around North Norfolk coastal villages in a loop returning to the quay.
The 10km run course took you along the North Norfolk coastal path and out onto the beach returning back to the quayside for the finish.
Wells is a beautiful and historic seaside resort that provides opportunities for sightseeing, water sports, bird watching, country walks and plenty of family fun and classified as an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
You may also want to watch:
Out of 268 teams seven members of the Fenland Running Club conquered the Trialthlon - five as individual entrants and two forming a relay team with another.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
Stuart Follen stormed in in an overall time of 2:30:15 (Swim 28:37 Cycle 1:13:54 Run 44:50) followed by Alan Bird in 2:40:02 (Swim 26:42 Cycle 1:12:37 Run 58:02).
First Fenland lady was Larissa Follen in an overall time of 3:06:22 (Swim 32:30 Cycle 1:29:56 Run 59:17) followed by Sarah Rippon in 3:29:11 (Swim 32:21 Cycle 1:35:38 Run 1:16:13) and Sharon Bird in 3:35:17 (Swim 34:36 Cycle 1:39:10 Run 1:15:58.
Fenland members Emma Bonner and Sarah Gauvin teamed up with cyclist Anthony Bye to form a relay team with an overall time of 2:40:48 (Emma Swim 30:37 Anthony Cycle 1:17:18 Sarah Run 51:10).