Fenland Running Club return from ‘beautiful and historic’ Wells-next-the-Sea triathlon
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk’s popular Triathlon held in Wells-next-the-Sea was staged by the Wells Harbour Maritime Trust on Sunday, September 2 on an absolutely glorious sunny morning.
The start, transition and finish were all based on the picturesque quayside at Wells.
The 1.5km open water swim was held in the sea in Wells Harbour followed by a 40km bike route around North Norfolk coastal villages in a loop returning to the quay.
The 10km run course took you along the North Norfolk coastal path and out onto the beach returning back to the quayside for the finish.
Wells is a beautiful and historic seaside resort that provides opportunities for sightseeing, water sports, bird watching, country walks and plenty of family fun and classified as an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Out of 268 teams seven members of the Fenland Running Club conquered the Trialthlon - five as individual entrants and two forming a relay team with another.
- 1 Cable fault caused power cut for more than 350 customers in Wisbech
- 2 PROFILE: Steve Barclay – MP for NE Cambs and front man for Boris Johnson
- 3 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 6 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 7 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
Stuart Follen stormed in in an overall time of 2:30:15 (Swim 28:37 Cycle 1:13:54 Run 44:50) followed by Alan Bird in 2:40:02 (Swim 26:42 Cycle 1:12:37 Run 58:02).
First Fenland lady was Larissa Follen in an overall time of 3:06:22 (Swim 32:30 Cycle 1:29:56 Run 59:17) followed by Sarah Rippon in 3:29:11 (Swim 32:21 Cycle 1:35:38 Run 1:16:13) and Sharon Bird in 3:35:17 (Swim 34:36 Cycle 1:39:10 Run 1:15:58.
Fenland members Emma Bonner and Sarah Gauvin teamed up with cyclist Anthony Bye to form a relay team with an overall time of 2:40:48 (Emma Swim 30:37 Anthony Cycle 1:17:18 Sarah Run 51:10).