MOTORSPORT: March driver Ryan Polley is first in K-Tec Racing Clio 182 Championship at Snetteron Circuit
- Credit: Gary Malkin/GMMOTOPHOTO
It was a successful run for March driver Ryan Polley after he claimed victory in a championship race held at Snetterton Circuit.
Polley, of The 750 Motor Club, went into the final rounds of the K-Tec Racing Clio 182 Championship in pole position, despite rainy conditions.
Gary Malkin, photographer, said: "A very wet qualifying went to plan as Polley took pole but with closest Championship rivals James Bark and Don De Graaff behind in second and third.
"With De Graaff not taking the start it left only Bark to concern Polley for the championship.
"In decreasing light, a good start saw Polley take the lead with Bark in second place.
You may also want to watch:
"As the shortened race went on Polley opened a lead to win by over two seconds with Bark in second place at the flag."
It was enough for Polley and he was already the 2019 champion with one more race to go.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
With the championship won, Polley opted not to start the final race on Sunday which saw Bark take the win.