MOTORSPORT: March driver Ryan Polley is first in K-Tec Racing Clio 182 Championship at Snetteron Circuit
- Credit: Gary Malkin/GMMOTOPHOTO
It was a successful run for March driver Ryan Polley after he claimed victory in a championship race held at Snetterton Circuit.
Polley, of The 750 Motor Club, went into the final rounds of the K-Tec Racing Clio 182 Championship in pole position, despite rainy conditions.
Gary Malkin, photographer, said: "A very wet qualifying went to plan as Polley took pole but with closest Championship rivals James Bark and Don De Graaff behind in second and third.
"With De Graaff not taking the start it left only Bark to concern Polley for the championship.
"In decreasing light, a good start saw Polley take the lead with Bark in second place.
"As the shortened race went on Polley opened a lead to win by over two seconds with Bark in second place at the flag."
It was enough for Polley and he was already the 2019 champion with one more race to go.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
With the championship won, Polley opted not to start the final race on Sunday which saw Bark take the win.