School show their class
WISBECH Grammar School s first rugby team secured their biggest ever win over Culford School on Saturday when they ran out 44-0 victors. A superb display of forward play and quick ball to the backs allowed the Wisbech team to open up a 17-0 lead at the br
WISBECH Grammar School's first rugby team secured their biggest ever win over Culford School on Saturday when they ran out 44-0 victors.
A superb display of forward play and quick ball to the backs allowed the Wisbech team to open up a 17-0 lead at the break and continue their good work in the second half.
Jack Hoyles and Michael Gillick each scored a brace of tries and Sam Portham, Tom Bailey, Henry Crofts and Josh Seale all touched down.
The result follows an even more impressive 72-0 win against King's School, Peterborough.
In other games against Culford, the Grammar School's second team had to reshuffle their side following the loss of fly half Josh Harvey in the first half and eventually lost 29-14.
Seb Aguilar scored four tries in the under-15s' 48-26 victory, the under-14 team dominated their game to win 56-0, the under-13s lost 24-19 and the under-11s drew 14-14.
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 8 Cannabis, cash and knives discovered after police raids in Whittlesey
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
Against King's School, Peterborough, the under-15s won impressively 55-14, the under-14s lost 33-19 and the under-13s won 34-7.