School show their class
WISBECH Grammar School s first rugby team secured their biggest ever win over Culford School on Saturday when they ran out 44-0 victors. A superb display of forward play and quick ball to the backs allowed the Wisbech team to open up a 17-0 lead at the br
WISBECH Grammar School's first rugby team secured their biggest ever win over Culford School on Saturday when they ran out 44-0 victors.
A superb display of forward play and quick ball to the backs allowed the Wisbech team to open up a 17-0 lead at the break and continue their good work in the second half.
Jack Hoyles and Michael Gillick each scored a brace of tries and Sam Portham, Tom Bailey, Henry Crofts and Josh Seale all touched down.
The result follows an even more impressive 72-0 win against King's School, Peterborough.
In other games against Culford, the Grammar School's second team had to reshuffle their side following the loss of fly half Josh Harvey in the first half and eventually lost 29-14.
Seb Aguilar scored four tries in the under-15s' 48-26 victory, the under-14 team dominated their game to win 56-0, the under-13s lost 24-19 and the under-11s drew 14-14.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
Against King's School, Peterborough, the under-15s won impressively 55-14, the under-14s lost 33-19 and the under-13s won 34-7.