School show their class
WISBECH Grammar School s first rugby team secured their biggest ever win over Culford School on Saturday when they ran out 44-0 victors. A superb display of forward play and quick ball to the backs allowed the Wisbech team to open up a 17-0 lead at the br
WISBECH Grammar School's first rugby team secured their biggest ever win over Culford School on Saturday when they ran out 44-0 victors.
A superb display of forward play and quick ball to the backs allowed the Wisbech team to open up a 17-0 lead at the break and continue their good work in the second half.
Jack Hoyles and Michael Gillick each scored a brace of tries and Sam Portham, Tom Bailey, Henry Crofts and Josh Seale all touched down.
The result follows an even more impressive 72-0 win against King's School, Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
In other games against Culford, the Grammar School's second team had to reshuffle their side following the loss of fly half Josh Harvey in the first half and eventually lost 29-14.
Seb Aguilar scored four tries in the under-15s' 48-26 victory, the under-14 team dominated their game to win 56-0, the under-13s lost 24-19 and the under-11s drew 14-14.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 3 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 6 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 9 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
Against King's School, Peterborough, the under-15s won impressively 55-14, the under-14s lost 33-19 and the under-13s won 34-7.