Young golfers taught top tips at school from March Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
It was a hole lot of fun as March Golf Club went back to school at Neale Wade Academy to hold golf sessions for youngsters.
More than 20 groups of 12 to 14 year were taught how to master a setup position, the checkpoints of a great swing and to develop a short game.
Local professional Alex Oldham, who has been based at March Golf Club for nearly 15 years, hosted the four sessions on May 2 alongside head of PE James Crawley.
Chairman of March Golf Club, Baz Smith, said: "Our sport is suffering at grass roots level and competition from other curriculum sports and electronic based games.
"The obvious way of addressing this plight was to get this initiative in place, my thanks go out to all involved."
You may also want to watch:
Sessions for students who are interested in taking up the sport will be held at March Golf Club after school from May 9.
For more details contact Alex on 01354 652364.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack