Semi-final encounter is a walk in the Park for Wisbech Town Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town Ladies won the battle of the Fens – and a place in the final of the Junior Inviation Cup - with a commanding 3-0 victory over Park Ladies last weekend.
Park started the game brightly and dominated proceedings for the opening 20 minutes, pushing Wisbech back in search of the opening goal.
Wisbech managed to weather the Park storm, and took the lead against the run of play when Park failed to deal with an Annie Rooks shot and it bobbled into the net.
The visitors pressed for a second and were soon rewarded when Albany Hodgson fed the ball to Kyra Clarke who lifted the ball over Brooke Anderson in the Park goal.
Wisbech continued to dominate in the second half, and found a third and final goal through Sophie Gutteridge, who found the top corner with a fine strike.
You may also want to watch:
Chelsea King also rattled the crossbar with a fizzing 25-yard drive as Wisbech sailed to a resounding victory and a date with Cambridge United Ladies Reserves in the final.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 7 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours