Semi-final encounter is a walk in the Park for Wisbech Town Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town Ladies won the battle of the Fens – and a place in the final of the Junior Inviation Cup - with a commanding 3-0 victory over Park Ladies last weekend.
Park started the game brightly and dominated proceedings for the opening 20 minutes, pushing Wisbech back in search of the opening goal.
Wisbech managed to weather the Park storm, and took the lead against the run of play when Park failed to deal with an Annie Rooks shot and it bobbled into the net.
The visitors pressed for a second and were soon rewarded when Albany Hodgson fed the ball to Kyra Clarke who lifted the ball over Brooke Anderson in the Park goal.
Wisbech continued to dominate in the second half, and found a third and final goal through Sophie Gutteridge, who found the top corner with a fine strike.
You may also want to watch:
Chelsea King also rattled the crossbar with a fizzing 25-yard drive as Wisbech sailed to a resounding victory and a date with Cambridge United Ladies Reserves in the final.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers