Serving up success: Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club adds Cambs LTA’s Club of the Year Award to its trophy cabinet
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club has added another trophy to its cabinet.
The local club has been named as the club of the year in Cambridgeshire at the coveted 2016 Aegon/LTA’s British Tennis Club Awards.
The county judging team picked the club from a strong field of nominees, and will now present the winning plaque and certificate to the club at an awards Ceremony at Emmanuel College, Cambridge, next month.
Chairman Simon Grainger said: “We are delighted that the club had secured this prestigious award from Cambs LTA.
“It is certainly a testimony to the dedication and commitment of all of those involved in the club, including our committee, volunteers, members, young players and their parents who help and support the club all year round.”
You may also want to watch:
The club was also nominated in the Community Club of the Year category at the Living Sport Awards.
For more information on Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club, call 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car