Serving up success: Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club adds Cambs LTA’s Club of the Year Award to its trophy cabinet
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club has added another trophy to its cabinet.
The local club has been named as the club of the year in Cambridgeshire at the coveted 2016 Aegon/LTA’s British Tennis Club Awards.
The county judging team picked the club from a strong field of nominees, and will now present the winning plaque and certificate to the club at an awards Ceremony at Emmanuel College, Cambridge, next month.
Chairman Simon Grainger said: “We are delighted that the club had secured this prestigious award from Cambs LTA.
“It is certainly a testimony to the dedication and commitment of all of those involved in the club, including our committee, volunteers, members, young players and their parents who help and support the club all year round.”
You may also want to watch:
The club was also nominated in the Community Club of the Year category at the Living Sport Awards.
For more information on Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club, call 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road