Serving up success: Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club adds Cambs LTA’s Club of the Year Award to its trophy cabinet
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club has added another trophy to its cabinet.
The local club has been named as the club of the year in Cambridgeshire at the coveted 2016 Aegon/LTA’s British Tennis Club Awards.
The county judging team picked the club from a strong field of nominees, and will now present the winning plaque and certificate to the club at an awards Ceremony at Emmanuel College, Cambridge, next month.
Chairman Simon Grainger said: “We are delighted that the club had secured this prestigious award from Cambs LTA.
“It is certainly a testimony to the dedication and commitment of all of those involved in the club, including our committee, volunteers, members, young players and their parents who help and support the club all year round.”
You may also want to watch:
The club was also nominated in the Community Club of the Year category at the Living Sport Awards.
For more information on Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club, call 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris