Serving up success: Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club adds Cambs LTA’s Club of the Year Award to its trophy cabinet
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club has added another trophy to its cabinet.
The local club has been named as the club of the year in Cambridgeshire at the coveted 2016 Aegon/LTA’s British Tennis Club Awards.
The county judging team picked the club from a strong field of nominees, and will now present the winning plaque and certificate to the club at an awards Ceremony at Emmanuel College, Cambridge, next month.
Chairman Simon Grainger said: “We are delighted that the club had secured this prestigious award from Cambs LTA.
“It is certainly a testimony to the dedication and commitment of all of those involved in the club, including our committee, volunteers, members, young players and their parents who help and support the club all year round.”
The club was also nominated in the Community Club of the Year category at the Living Sport Awards.
For more information on Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club, call 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.
- 1 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 2 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 3 One arrest and cars seized on another busy day for rural officers
- 4 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward