Seven-for and seventy: March’s Aussie Meyer celebrates dream competitive debut
AUSSIE star Ryan Meyer shows his delight during a dream competitive debut for March Town Cricket Club on Sunday.
The 21-year-old left-arm spinner hit a classy 70 before sealing a match-winning performance with seven wickets.
“I certainly haven’t had a better debut than that,” he said.
“I thought I batted and bowled pretty well. It’s taken me a little bit of time to get used to these English wickets but I’m slowly getting there.
“To be honest, I’m a bit disappointed I didn’t get 100.”
You may also want to watch:
Meyer was supported by Shardul Brahmbhatt (42) as March posted 181-8 in the Rutland League Division One clash with Uppingham at The Avenue.
The former Australia Under-19s star then took 7-38 to spin the visitors out for 101.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
“I think it could be a good season for March,” he said. “It’s a young team and with the right effort I’m sure we can be successful.
“The lads have made me feel very welcome and I’m enjoying my cricket.”
March, whose first Tucker Gardner Premier Division One fixture was rained off on at the weekend, host Khalsa on Saturday.