Seven-for and seventy: March’s Aussie Meyer celebrates dream competitive debut
AUSSIE star Ryan Meyer shows his delight during a dream competitive debut for March Town Cricket Club on Sunday.
The 21-year-old left-arm spinner hit a classy 70 before sealing a match-winning performance with seven wickets.
“I certainly haven’t had a better debut than that,” he said.
“I thought I batted and bowled pretty well. It’s taken me a little bit of time to get used to these English wickets but I’m slowly getting there.
“To be honest, I’m a bit disappointed I didn’t get 100.”
You may also want to watch:
Meyer was supported by Shardul Brahmbhatt (42) as March posted 181-8 in the Rutland League Division One clash with Uppingham at The Avenue.
The former Australia Under-19s star then took 7-38 to spin the visitors out for 101.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
“I think it could be a good season for March,” he said. “It’s a young team and with the right effort I’m sure we can be successful.
“The lads have made me feel very welcome and I’m enjoying my cricket.”
March, whose first Tucker Gardner Premier Division One fixture was rained off on at the weekend, host Khalsa on Saturday.