CRICKET: Saturday defeat against table-toppers, but there’s no stopping March Town on a Sunday
- Credit: Archant
March Town saw their winning Cambs & Hunts Premier League run halted by Whiting & Partners Division One leaders Saffron Walden last Saturday.
The local side recorded back-to-back successes over the recent Bank Holiday weekend, but they were beaten by seven wickets by the table-toppers.
Ben Chapman (28) and overseas player Saranga Rajaguru (25) were the biggest contributors with the bat as March were dismissed for just 108. Those two men put on 46 for the second wicket.
It was a modest total that unbeaten Saffron Walden passed with ease in just 23 overs. Rajaguru, Samuel Clarke and James Harradine each grabbed a wicket for March, who host a struggling Ramsey side tomorrow at The Avenue, 12.30pm.
Clarke and Saraguru top-scored with matching efforts of 39 as March extended their unbeaten start to the Rutland League Division Two season last Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
They powered to a 147 run away success against Stamford, dismissing the hosts for just 80 after piling up 227-8 themselves.
Tyler Phillips added a useful 38 with the bat while Spencer Saberton (3-9), Clarke (3-14) and Steve Coe (3-30) did the damage with the ball.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 6 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 7 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
Just as tomorrow, it’s a home date against Ramsey for Sunday 1sts this weekend, 1pm start.