CRICKET: Saturday defeat against table-toppers, but there’s no stopping March Town on a Sunday
- Credit: Archant
March Town saw their winning Cambs & Hunts Premier League run halted by Whiting & Partners Division One leaders Saffron Walden last Saturday.
The local side recorded back-to-back successes over the recent Bank Holiday weekend, but they were beaten by seven wickets by the table-toppers.
Ben Chapman (28) and overseas player Saranga Rajaguru (25) were the biggest contributors with the bat as March were dismissed for just 108. Those two men put on 46 for the second wicket.
It was a modest total that unbeaten Saffron Walden passed with ease in just 23 overs. Rajaguru, Samuel Clarke and James Harradine each grabbed a wicket for March, who host a struggling Ramsey side tomorrow at The Avenue, 12.30pm.
Clarke and Saraguru top-scored with matching efforts of 39 as March extended their unbeaten start to the Rutland League Division Two season last Sunday.
They powered to a 147 run away success against Stamford, dismissing the hosts for just 80 after piling up 227-8 themselves.
Tyler Phillips added a useful 38 with the bat while Spencer Saberton (3-9), Clarke (3-14) and Steve Coe (3-30) did the damage with the ball.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
Just as tomorrow, it’s a home date against Ramsey for Sunday 1sts this weekend, 1pm start.