CRICKET: Saturday defeat against table-toppers, but there’s no stopping March Town on a Sunday
- Credit: Archant
March Town saw their winning Cambs & Hunts Premier League run halted by Whiting & Partners Division One leaders Saffron Walden last Saturday.
The local side recorded back-to-back successes over the recent Bank Holiday weekend, but they were beaten by seven wickets by the table-toppers.
Ben Chapman (28) and overseas player Saranga Rajaguru (25) were the biggest contributors with the bat as March were dismissed for just 108. Those two men put on 46 for the second wicket.
It was a modest total that unbeaten Saffron Walden passed with ease in just 23 overs. Rajaguru, Samuel Clarke and James Harradine each grabbed a wicket for March, who host a struggling Ramsey side tomorrow at The Avenue, 12.30pm.
Clarke and Saraguru top-scored with matching efforts of 39 as March extended their unbeaten start to the Rutland League Division Two season last Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
They powered to a 147 run away success against Stamford, dismissing the hosts for just 80 after piling up 227-8 themselves.
Tyler Phillips added a useful 38 with the bat while Spencer Saberton (3-9), Clarke (3-14) and Steve Coe (3-30) did the damage with the ball.
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
Just as tomorrow, it’s a home date against Ramsey for Sunday 1sts this weekend, 1pm start.